News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/03 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Undermind, September 04, 2011, 01:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

It's got some great parts.  I loved the Llama and freaking LOVED the Tweezer and the Disease, as well as the Disease reprise......that said, the other two nights will get more play around my house.....except for the Disease Tweezer....Live, when they kept the KDF going it was pretty rad and the Llama was probably the best 3.0 version....

Lifeboy

Forgot about the Llama. It's pretty cool, as was the DWD reprise, but I highly doubt either will get very much play 'round heeya. The only thing I might go back and listen to more than a few times from this night is the Tweezer.   

Everything else = meh to the max imo  :|
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

guyforget

havent relistened to anything but the tweez but i def left feeling good about this show, several personal highlights and a few mid-lights and many of the songs on our list of "must hear list" for our only weekend w/ phish this year were checked off, greatest hits style.  in some ways, it actually pays to only see a few shows a year.  until they dont play yem or bowie all weekend.   :frustrated:

-AD_

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: guyforget on September 09, 2011, 03:10:40 AM
in some ways, it actually pays to only see a few shows a year.  until they dont play yem or bowie all weekend.   :frustrated:

It's funny, seeing as many shows as I do.... I was actually psyched they didn't play either of those tunes. With all the predictability in the shows these days, NOT playing songs I would expect is a good thing!

It'll make the YEM @ the Benefit all the more tasty!
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Of course this was the second three day run in CO in a row w/ no YEM. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on September 09, 2011, 11:53:52 AM

That's because all the heady CO fans got it in Telluride  :wink:
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 09, 2011, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 09, 2011, 11:53:52 AM

That's because all the heady CO fans got it in Telluride  :wink:

lol
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

emay

I kinda wish they closed 3rd night first set with bowie, or bowie encore would have been $$$

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

WhatstheUse?

Was originally going to post this in the Hampton Halley's Video thread, but I figured I'll leave the 3.0 arguments to their respective threads:

it's funny... although this jam (hampton 97 halleys) easily crushes ANYTHING done in 3.0 -- after watching this vid I found myself browsing other vimeo vids from 2010 (specifically the Dick's Tweezer) expecting to be saddened by the musical degression.  However, I was not.  While perhaps not 25 minutes of cohesive musical bliss, this Tweezer jam is groovin' and intrigues my musical interest in a similar way that many 1.0 Phish jams do.  It displays incredible musicianship, patience and great listening by all 4 members.  I could only dream of finding other musicians as "hooked up" as these guys are, it's really amazing.  Anyone who has tried to form a band before knows how rare it is to find that connection w/ someone, let alone all 4 people having it.   Arguably their worst point (3.0) in 20+ years of playing together and they still are locked in w/ eachother on an unworldly level at times. Yeah Phish!

/ 3.0 fluff rant
Bring in the dude!

emay

When trey starts up the funk jam outta the halley's it reminds me a lot of how he comes right out the gate with the plinko jamming in the 7below from the night before.