News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Voodoo Dead - Kimock, Schnier, Porter, Chimenti - Capitol Theater

Started by Superfreakie, November 21, 2019, 05:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Anyone ever catch these guys in NOLA for Fest? Don't think they have ever "toured." I'm gonna catch the Capitol Theater with PCR.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Didn't know they existed, but that line-up would be amazing to see. Who do they use as a drummer or drummers?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Didn't know they existed, but that line-up would be amazing to see. Who do they use as a drummer or drummers?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 21, 2019, 05:56:15 PM

John Morgan Kimock (Steve's son)
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 21, 2019, 05:38:25 PM
Anyone ever catch these guys in NOLA for Fest? Don't think they have ever "toured." I'm gonna catch the Capitol Theater with PCR.

Their Jazzfest shows are always 2am at the Republic... aka the worst fucking venue in NOLA. I've never gone to their shows on principle. I've heard mixed reviews on them, but the lineup has never been very stable. Different players each time. At the Cap it could be good, but don't expect it to be mind blowing.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

They're taking it out for some shows this coming year. Performing at Skull & Roses fest too.