News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Funky Fall Festivities Fall Tour Announcement

Started by dburley81, October 11, 2011, 02:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomsMeatLoaf

Quote from: bvaz on October 12, 2011, 02:52:44 PM
Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 02:50:32 PM
Quote from: bvaz on October 12, 2011, 02:46:15 PM
No one is knocking his music.  No one on here would do that.

Oh, i see, well stick to playing Guitar Hero with your buds then homie.
really guy?
I hope you're not his marketing manager.

bvaz - my bad, didnt mean to quote your comment. Was replying to sophist's comment saying he liked him before better before he saw that video.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: sophist on October 12, 2011, 02:50:04 PM
Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 02:48:11 PM
Quote from: aphineday on October 12, 2011, 02:37:41 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on October 12, 2011, 02:34:15 PM
IMPOSTER!
Yeah, I actually watched half of that fucking video because I thought you posted that bullshit.

Feel free to post your own solo acoustic vids here to enlighten us with what you consider non bullshit.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Somebody is butt hurt. 

We get it. 

You're supporting your "friend's" musical endeavors. 

I have bad news those, when one chooses to partake in the arts, he has to have the balls to take the criticisms, and the negativity that comes with performance.  So sack up and shut the fuck up.

There's a difference between criticism and trolling a board and hating on someone for trying. You are bagging on this dude for a venue he is playing and because he's not a professional forum poster such as yourself. Have a good day sir.

I'm the one that made the pizza joke.  Sometimes you just need a spark for a wildfire and well...there you have it.  I can assure you we all know of Dustin Burley now as a result and it may be a running joke on here for a while.  No need to be defenesive.  "Negative" press is still press.

Actually are you friends with Craig?
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

sophist

Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: sophist on October 12, 2011, 02:50:04 PM
Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 02:48:11 PM
Quote from: aphineday on October 12, 2011, 02:37:41 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on October 12, 2011, 02:34:15 PM
IMPOSTER!
Yeah, I actually watched half of that fucking video because I thought you posted that bullshit.

Feel free to post your own solo acoustic vids here to enlighten us with what you consider non bullshit.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Somebody is butt hurt. 

We get it. 

You're supporting your "friend's" musical endeavors. 

I have bad news those, when one chooses to partake in the arts, he has to have the balls to take the criticisms, and the negativity that comes with performance.  So sack up and shut the fuck up.

There's a difference between criticism and trolling a board and hating on someone for trying. You are bagging on this dude for a venue he is playing and because he's not a professional forum poster such as yourself. Have a good day sir.
I haven't said a word about the venues he's booking.  I made a rookie of the year reference, and made a few other jokes.  Personally, if you want my honest insight.  I'll provide it. 

1)  His vocals are flat throughout most of that video, and he's not singing correctly.  He's way nasally throughout that video. 
2) He's not that good at looping, I think his syncopation needs a lot of work
3) the creativity with which he "layers" is severely lacking to me.   
4) He's using a music/lyrics chart for an original tune, that's pretty fucking amateur in my book.   
5) the lyrics are too hippie to me. 
6) Getting louder is a 1 dimensional musical peak, and that is what he does for the peak of the "jam"
7) The song itself is poorly written and follows a cliched format of intro > verse > chorus > verse > chorus > "jam" > outro

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mbw

i promise to go to the chicago show if he writes a new tune about pizza.

sophist

LOL at me playing guitar hero.  I actually play music, but thank you for asking.  So no, I'm not trolling.  Here's my thread, and you're welcome to see where I've put my creativity into making original music:  http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=16505.0
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

MomsMeatLoaf

Sophist - Now that's legit criticism, and I apologize, for not rereading all that to assure what it was that you were bashing/hating on. I agree on his vocals on that song, which is why i said to watch that vid anywhere between the 5-10 minute market. Dustin is a good songwriter though, with over 200 original songs, so if that song doesn't do it for, dont base his entire catalog off that one song. As far as looping goes, I think he's very good at it because he's not overdoing it and everything he's putting out was played on the stage, no prerecorded material.

MomsMeatLoaf

Quote from: sophist on October 12, 2011, 03:21:23 PM
LOL at me playing guitar hero.  I actually play music, but thank you for asking.  So no, I'm not trolling.  Here's my thread, and you're welcome to see where I've put my creativity into making original music:  http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=16505.0

fair enough, I'll check it out.

McGrupp

Hey bud, if you're stickin around here you gotta change your name.

This paug ain't big enough for the two of us...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

/fleet hound
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

nab

MomsMeatLoaf

I've actually been a member of this forum since the late 90's, but havent posted in years. Couldnt remember my old login info or it got erased, whatever. Been going as McGrupp24 for that long as well. Judging by some of the peeps that post on here, probably won't be a regular around here, so dont worry, your name is safe bruh ;)

MomsMeatLoaf

Quote from: Cr@ig on October 12, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 12, 2011, 03:15:03 PM

Tell GAH to give me a call.

-Craig

hahaha, nope, not friends with Craig, but I wish I was friends with someone with a mullet like that! Craig, wanna be friends?

McGrupp

Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 03:38:03 PM
I've actually been a member of this forum since the late 90's, but havent posted in years. Couldnt remember my old login info or it got erased, whatever. Been going as McGrupp24 for that long as well. Judging by some of the peeps that post on here, probably won't be a regular around here, so dont worry, your name is safe bruh ;)

The LATE NINETIES?!

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

nab

And I was a fan of New Kids on the Block in the 70's dood.

The nineteen seventies!!!!!!!!!

-Craig

UncleEbinezer

For realz though this place is the bomb.  No other board can say the same.  If you've been around that long, you should stick around and post, but we just had a 10 year anniversary, so I'm not so sure the late 90's is right. 

Honestly, check out some of the non-music related discussions as well.  Really good stuff and really good people.

Thanks,

UncleEb
VP of Marketing

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: McGrupp24 on October 12, 2011, 03:39:34 PM
Quote from: Cr@ig on October 12, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 12, 2011, 03:15:03 PM

Tell GAH to give me a call.

-Craig

hahaha, nope, not friends with Craig, but I wish I was friends with someone with a mullet like that! Craig, wanna be friends?

It was a similar thread that gave us the lulz for the day.  If I remember correctly you have to check with Craig's mom first before you can be friends.