News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 29, 2012, 11:58:06 AM
Just watched that Meters video again... gotta love rainy jazzfest days when everybody's just wet and dancing without a care in the world. My very first Jazzfest experience was exactly that. Zig and Leo on the Gentilly stage in the pouring rain - me dancing barefoot on the muddy track - I was hooked instantly.

Also, I love that lineup of the Meters with George, Art, Leo, and Russel. Tight, tight, tight!

That's what I'd call da bidness.

Secondly, yeah, another favorite quote of mine, "what's jazzfest without a little rain?" (stated with the biggest shitfaced grin ever)  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 29, 2012, 12:21:04 PM
Just watched that Meters video again... gotta love rainy jazzfest days when everybody's just wet and dancing without a care in the world. My very first Jazzfest experience was exactly that. Zig and Leo on the Gentilly stage in the pouring rain - me dancing barefoot on the muddy track - I was hooked instantly.

Also, I love that lineup of the Meters with George, Art, Leo, and Russel. Tight, tight, tight!

Secondly, yeah, another favorite quote of mine, "what's jazzfest without a little rain?" (stated with the biggest shitfaced grin ever)  :-D

True, except that 2011 was a Jazzfest without a drop of rain... and it was brilliant!! Thursday was the nicest Jazzfest day ever. High of 72?!?!!?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 29, 2012, 12:24:19 PM

True, except that 2011 was a Jazzfest without a drop of rain... and it was brilliant!! Thursday was the nicest Jazzfest day ever. High of 72?!?!!?

And zero humidity. It WAS quite perfect. Like I said earlier, best start to a Jazzfest ever.

Another highlight for me, from a couple years ago...and just a few minutes after this I went to grab a po boy and walked right by Ani DiFranco just walking through the crowd....

aphineday

4 weeks for me too! I've been crawling out of my skin with excitement for this already... So incredibly jacked.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: aphineday on March 29, 2012, 02:52:26 PM

4 weeks for me too! I've been crawling out of my skin with excitement for this already... So incredibly jacked.

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 29, 2012, 03:21:10 PM
5 weeks for me! PSYCHED! :wtu:

You guys better be. I also hope you've been training.

JPhishman

Jamcruise initial announcements are going to happen at the Royal Family Ball thurs night!  :banana:

Going to see Skerik tonight. Rebirth next week in Portland and Seattle. Jon Cleary and Dr. Lonnie Smith (separately) the week after!  :music:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gah

Quote from: JPhishman on March 29, 2012, 03:35:12 PM
Jamcruise initial announcements are going to happen at the Royal Family Ball thurs night!  :banana:

Going to see Skerik tonight. Rebirth next week in Portland and Seattle. Jon Cleary and Dr. Lonnie Smith (separately) the week after!  :music:

:-o

Officially jealous.

Sick line up of shows there. Dr. Lonnie Smith's drummer is SIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCKK!!!!

just a btw.  :-D

gah

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

Galactic the other night on Conan, with the Soul Rebels Horns...

http://teamcoco.com/video/galactic-hey-na-na

eta: check stanton's kickdrums...nice design work.

mbw

anyone hear the npr piece on james booker this morning?

eta:  well now you can!

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/31/149689793/reviving-james-booker-the-piano-prince-of-new-orleans

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 31, 2012, 08:49:56 PM

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/31/149689793/reviving-james-booker-the-piano-prince-of-new-orleans

I will listen to this when I can... Thanks for posting.

I am so in the mood for Nola. We hit up Quality Seafood tonight for some raw gulf oysters and blackened catfish. Yummmm. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 31, 2012, 08:49:56 PM

Yeah, heath texted me about that earlier. Solid work. Also, the threadheads foundation, i.e. the jazzfest boards folks are involved in this as well.

I might have posted this earlier, but here is the early trailer for it...I REALLY hope this gets completed. I'm puling for the director to get it done.

mbw

my favorite part of that piece, besides the mind bottling music, is when he came out on stage in a diaper, pulled out a .44 magnum, an told the crowd if someone didnt give him some god damned coke he was gonna blow his brains out.    :-o