News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

You did your first Jazzfest right. French quarter got the best of you.  Bound to happen.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: aphineday on May 01, 2012, 01:07:03 AM
I should probably finally check in here. Thursday, and Friday night we had a great time, but kept our heads somewhat, made shows, etc. Saturday night we decided to go out for a good dinner, and then hit a show before GBA plays MJ. After an AWESOME recommendation by GAH of Redfish Grill, we hit up Bourbon Street for the first time. We hit up Felixes for some insane oysters (after a substantial but well worth it wait), then got dinner at Redfish. Here we split the alligator sausage gumbo, 6 bbq oysters (the best fried oysters I've ever had - seriously like an orgasm in the mouth), then split some redfish ravioli, and a jambalaya that made me lose my mind. We basically had a buffet on the table at this point. This is where the night takes a turn.

While waiting for a table, we somehow meet this guy and his wife in the bar, and she starts asking us about politics, specifically "do you like Obama?" We answer yes, and all Hell breaks loose. Bad idea. Anyway, after sparring with this dude's wife (in a half-joking way), this guy is trying to break the tension, and they call our number. Thank God. -Back to the table now-
Guy walks up to our table, asks if we tried the oysters he recommended, and we told him how great they were. He orders us another dozen because "my wife is passed out now, and can't harass anyone anymore". We somehow get those down, and in the process drink a few hurricanes. Bad idea. I forgot how potent those things are.

*Fast forward to 3 hours later* We've hit Jesters, Tropical Isle, and pounded heavy drinks like mad men. Completely blew off the early shows, and were ready to hit GBA. On the way to the street car, we meet up with this guy again outside Tropical Isle, and he bought us YET ANOTHER Hand Grenade. That's about all I remember before my alarm goes off to get up for festival the next morning. We did EXACTLY what GAH warned me NOT to do... we played with fire, fucked around and missed GBA play MJ. Fucking amateur'd

New Orleans 1 Me 0

Holy shit man!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard I must have deleted it, but that was my exact text to you when you mentioned getting a hand grenade! It was way too early in the night for that kind of nonsense when you had GBA/MJ still to get to. Ah well, truth be told, I've missed a few late late night shows myself for the same reason. Lesson learned.

Glad you had a rocking time tho! Also, we'll be expecting you next year, 2nd weekend of course.  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

gah

PIE-GUY

As I was checking out of my mississauga, Ontario hotel, Dr. John's version of Something You Got was playing on the Muzak system in the hotel lobby. Put my head right back in NOLA. I'm on my way, baby!

Btw, I just heard Dr. John sing this very tune with the E. Street Band on Sunday afternoon. Yup.

Also, I'm less than 24 hours away from my next cochon!

Who's pumped for this shit?!!?? 

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2012, 12:20:57 PM
As I was checking out of my mississauga, Ontario hotel, Dr. John's version of Something You Got was playing on the Muzak system in the hotel lobby. Put my head right back in NOLA. I'm on my way, baby!

Btw, I just heard Dr. John sing this very tune with the E. Street Band on Sunday afternoon. Yup.

Also, I'm less than 24 hours away from my next cochon!

Who's pumped for this shit?!!??

Yes dude! I've ironically been listening to Locked Down and Desitively Bonnaroo all morning at work. 24 hours from now I'll be landing in Happiness.  :crazy:

JPhishman

I just listened to Locked Down too!

:crazy:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

PIE-GUY

:x
Quote from: JPhishman on May 02, 2012, 01:08:32 PM

How fucking great is Locked Down, too? I've been diggin it for weeks now.

gah

Dr. John playing with Warren haynes on Saturday. Too bad I'll likely be seeing Herbie and then some Leroy Jones, and ending up at New Birth.

JPhishman

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2012, 01:12:25 PM
:x
Quote from: JPhishman on May 02, 2012, 01:08:32 PM

How fucking great is Locked Down, too? I've been diggin it for weeks now.

Rockin Lettuce on WWOZ!  :banana: :crazy: :banana:

wait, what?

:shrugs:

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

PIE-GUY

Tha angry man was a fat finger on iPad accident.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2012, 01:56:13 PM
Tha angry man was a fat finger on iPad accident.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

And yes, Locked down is ridiculous good. Listen to it at least once every few days.

Lettuce on WWOZ, also, good.

Trying to plan out my days with the grids and cubes, while at work knowing I'll be doing these things tomorrow makes it VERY tough to concentrate.

WhatstheUse?

So I leave in less than 24 hrs.  I probably need a backpack or something...right?
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 02, 2012, 02:39:35 PM
So I leave in less than 24 hrs.  I probably need a backpack or something...right?

A fanny pack and the clothes you're wearing right now will do.

postjack

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 02, 2012, 02:39:35 PM

depends on what you want to carry into the grounds. I'm always carry a backpack at festivals. need someplace to keep all my shit.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::