News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Holiday Tour/Jamcruise Retrospective

Started by JPhishman, January 26, 2012, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Buffalo Budd

Very cool JP, thanks for sharing that and good luck with the new venture.  I wondered what was up when I saw that on FB.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

barnesy305

Epic journey bro, in many respects. Thanks for sharing and good luck in your ventures! It was killer to hang for a few. +k

Lifeboy

I truly enjoyed reading every bit of that. Sounds like the very definition of an epic trip, to say the least.

Thanks a ton for sharing, man.  :beers:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

ytowndan

Excellent post, man!  Sounds like it's an experience you'll never ever forget.  It's something that I've always been aware of, but I've never really thought about doing it.  Nor have I really read a review as extensive as yours.  It's now something I'd love to do, if my wallet will allow me. 

Also, good luck with the new venture.  Doing something you're actually passionate about, for a living, is something I cannot directly comment on (yet).  But I have no doubt that it's an indescribable feeling.  I wish you all the good luck in the world, man!

:beers:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Pholy M. Pia

Thanks for the inspirational read! Well lived! :beers:
"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

zimbra

Enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I can make this in the near future, I have heard nothing but good things.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Undermind

Inspirational recap for sure!  I have wanted to go on jamcruise for a long time.  Unfortunately it's not something the wife would want to do and in order to spend that amount of money on a trip these days the wife (and kids) would need to be involved.  Maybe I'll make jamcruise 20!  Good luck with the production company.  I'm sure that you will be successful!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

McGrupp

Wow. Thanks for the read, JP.

I'd like to echo pretty much everything WTU said. I am going to do my absolute best to make it to jam cruise next year, and I would love to be involved in your new business venture in any way I can!

I should be graduating in December. That's pretty good timing, if you ask me.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gah

Sick write-up! You left out the part where you pulled Stanton Moore aside and told him your revelation about New Orleans being forever!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

But you're completely right. You've just scratched the surface. The depth of music that New Orleans has offered and continues to offer us will take a lifetime to digest. I'm just happy to be on the path and am super stoked you've found "it" as well.

Good luck, with the new business venture.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

the dolphin watermelon is fucking amazing
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 31, 2012, 03:49:05 PM