News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012-06-23 - First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA

Started by anthrax, March 15, 2012, 10:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

where are you guys staying for this one?  bennett acres is close, but was a bit shady last time.  raccoon creek state park looks nice, but it's a 2 night minimum.  this venue is in the middle of nowhere, so there aren't any super close hotels.

zimbra

Quote from: anthrax on June 11, 2012, 11:03:40 AM
where are you guys staying for this one?  bennett acres is close, but was a bit shady last time.  raccoon creek state park looks nice, but it's a 2 night minimum.  this venue is in the middle of nowhere, so there aren't any super close hotels.

What was wrong with Bennett Acres?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Quote from: zimbra on June 11, 2012, 06:49:02 PM
Quote from: anthrax on June 11, 2012, 11:03:40 AM

What was wrong with Bennett Acres?

Quote from: McGrupp on July 22, 2009, 12:31:24 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 21, 2009, 02:21:14 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 21, 2009, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 21, 2009, 01:43:50 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on July 21, 2009, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 21, 2009, 01:28:28 PM
Dunno what this lee's park place is like, but after experiencing the campground at burgettstown, I am wondering if I'll ever camp at a phish show that's not a festival again. Most definitely the worst camping experience I've ever had. Talk about a clusterfuck - jesus.

This makes me really glad that we drove to a hotel after the show.  I had a bad feeling about that place.....Sorry it didn't work out for you.   :|

What happened besides disorganization?

The disorganization just led to many more bad things. When we first pulled in to our spot, we were greeted by our neighbors yelling at us to find another spot. We eventually talked to them and everything was cool (we were all the way in the back of the camp ground, there really was no way we could turn back at that point).

Coming back FROM the show was the worst, though. You know that one-lane dirt road that serves as access to all the camping areas? We were about 100 yards away from our spot, having sat in line for about 30-45 min, when some of the dudes that worked there came to our car and told us that we were gridlocked. Every car in the line was completely parked in, and nobody was going to move. So we had to leave our car in line overnight, and de-gridlock in the morning. The morning, obviously, was terrible - it took us about 2 hours to get out of the campground, which sucked because I came very close to running out of gas (And popping some tires).

Besides all that, the people we were camped around sucked. They kept throwing mortars and other sorts of fireworks into their campfire - safe? nah.

Damn dude, that place was a clusterfuck.

Makes me glad I drove straight through the night to deer creek instead of staying with you guys that night!

Yup, that place sucked! I won't go there again.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

zimbra

hmmmm

Well let's just get a 'paug spot set up or something. 

ETA:  I'll bring the bath salts.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

Quote from: zimbra on June 11, 2012, 09:10:52 PM
hmmmm

Well let's just get a 'paug spot set up or something. 

ETA:  I'll bring the bath salts.

Thats where I was planning on staying as well...in 09 I think I stayed at a hampton inn or like holiday inn 20 min away. Was straight.

zimbra

Why do my posts not say modified on them anymore?
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Just custied up and bought VIP parking tickets. Looking back on 09, getting out of the lot took over an hour, was a total pain in the ass and I'm just saying 'fuck it' this year.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested. $25.

http://www.livenation.com/event/16004867D7017182?crosssite=TM_US:1711128:180232

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on June 22, 2012, 01:22:29 PM

VIP parking is almost always worth the money.

I'm hoping so. This will be my first VIP parking experience ever, but I've already thrown down enough loot to do this show up right, so an extra $25 for quick in and out parking isn't going to hurt us.

qop24

Quote from: McGrupp on June 22, 2012, 01:32:23 PM

I'm hoping so. This will be my first VIP parking experience ever, but I've already thrown down enough loot to do this show up right, so an extra $25 for quick in and out parking isn't going to hurt us.

Nice, is it a particularly bad lot to get in/out of? I usually don't have trouble leaving shows since I just about always skip most of the encore if I have to drive afterwards. I'll be getting there at like 5 or 6 though so I'm wondering if it's worth it on that end to save some time.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

McGrupp

Quote from: qop24 on June 22, 2012, 04:11:25 PM

Nice, is it a particularly bad lot to get in/out of? I usually don't have trouble leaving shows since I just about always skip most of the encore if I have to drive afterwards. I'll be getting there at like 5 or 6 though so I'm wondering if it's worth it on that end to save some time.

Getting in isn't bad. Getting out is particularly awful.

qop24

Quote from: McGrupp on June 22, 2012, 04:47:25 PM
Quote from: qop24 on June 22, 2012, 04:11:25 PM

Getting in isn't bad. Getting out is particularly awful.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up. It feels weird hoping for a shine a light encore though...
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

zimbra

- Trey Anastasio

roggae

Anyone going tonight feel like grabbing a print for me? I dig this one for some reason.

I can PayPal

Clearly it's all awful.