News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8 - RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik v 9 - NIN - Pretty Hate Machine

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 17, 2012, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: aphineday on March 18, 2012, 09:51:59 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 18, 2012, 09:44:03 PM
Quote from: aphineday on March 18, 2012, 08:06:26 PM
I'm actually shocked that this is much of a competition. I think I'm more shocked that people actually like RHCP.

FYP
Really? I'm certainly not a diehard RHCP fan by any means, but I would rather listen to the death rattle of my only child than hear any of that garbage that Reznor has ever recorded. NIN fucking blows.
that's profound.  reading that post added so much to my knowledge base.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

aphineday

Quote from: bvaz on March 19, 2012, 04:05:47 AM
I'm actually shocked that this is much of a competition. I think I'm more shocked that people actually like RHCP.

FYP
Really? I'm certainly not a diehard RHCP fan by any means, but I would rather listen to the death rattle of my only child than hear any of that garbage that Reznor has ever recorded. NIN fucking blows.

I wasn't really going for literary genius, just trying to talk a little smack and stir the pot. If you're  only reading the Paug to expand your knowledge base, you're doing it wrong.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

DoW

Quote from: aphineday on March 19, 2012, 10:28:43 AM

FYP

I wasn't really going for literary genius, just trying to talk a little smack and stir the pot. If you're  only reading the Paug to expand your knowledge base, you're doing it wrong.
paug 1.0 was so much better.  :wink:
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

aphineday

Quote from: bvaz on March 19, 2012, 10:36:09 AM

FYP

Lol!
In all seriousness though, when doing head to head battles, you're bound to find that one group in the bunch that someone just can't stand. For me it's NIN, and I just wanted to bust balls.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

McGrupp

Quote from: aphineday on March 19, 2012, 11:30:43 AM
Quote from: bvaz on March 19, 2012, 10:36:09 AM

FYP

Lol!
In all seriousness though, when doing head to head battles, you're bound to find that one group in the bunch that someone just can't stand. For me it's NIN, and I just wanted to bust balls.

I've never been a NIN fan, but always found it interesting that Johnny Cash covered "Hurt"

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Hicks

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 19, 2012, 02:33:08 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 19, 2012, 12:00:10 PM

methinks I need to re-visit the NIN catalog...  That one reminded me of this:

Terry

That NIN album, The Fragile, is severely hit or miss and suffers from what I call "Two CD Set Syndrome". 

But when it hits it HITS.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Hicks

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on March 19, 2012, 02:40:43 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 19, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 19, 2012, 12:00:10 PM
I rest my case.

except neither song is on the debated albums.  :police:

Yeah I was responding to apd's assertions that all NIN blows.

ah, yes.  he is crazy. 

eta:  i got a kick outta the "death rattle of my only child" line, however.

Hicks

mbw

Gundo

the funkyness of if Sir Psycho is just too contagious.  :rawk:

rowjimmy