News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R15/W01: 12-07-1995 Niagara Falls Convention Center, Niagara Falls, NY

Started by Augustus, April 02, 2012, 06:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: phil on April 03, 2012, 09:01:07 AM
I listened through once yesterday and will probably do so one more time today before I actually sit down to write my review. There's just so much going on with this show, I'm having a hard time digesting it all at once.

Me too. I'm gonna start getting some thoughts down but this will be one of the easiest Show Club A's I've ever doled out.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Pholy M. Pia

Spun yesterday, will have to listen a few more times before reviewing. And then a few hundred more!  :rawk:
"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

emay

Love this show!
Great versions of slave, split, reba, mikes groove...they killed all these songs in 95 tho.

And yes, NEED to put Demand back in the rotation. I was so surprised when they played it in Miami....love that song.

Augustus

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 03, 2012, 01:25:02 PMAnd yes, NEED to put Demand back in the rotation. I was so surprised when they played it in Miami....love that song.

I wasn't.... :wink:

emay

Quote from: Augustus on April 03, 2012, 02:26:48 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 03, 2012, 01:25:02 PMAnd yes, NEED to put Demand back in the rotation. I was so surprised when they played it in Miami....love that song.

haha...did you get to corner trey in the elevator before the show?

Augustus

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 03, 2012, 04:08:56 PM

I did in Syracuse and asked him to play it again.
There's a thread somewhere.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 02, 2012, 10:19:49 AM
If you bring up this show all she will say is "it was SO cold"

It was cold that entire December run.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

whatapiper

Quote from: natronzero on April 03, 2012, 09:18:28 AM
If they played Possum like this now, they wouldn't have to play it so often.

funny you say that because Possum has the lengthiest review thus far, but then again I have not started on set II!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Caravan2001

I haven't cornered him in an elevator pre-show, but I have sneak attacked him at the next pisser a couple times.  That's as good as the elevator because in both cases he has nowhere to run....That's how I got him to play McGrupp Chalkdust at 5/10/91....

whatapiper

12-07-1995 Niagara Falls Convention Center, Niagara Falls, NY

Old Home Place - Lets the stragglers make their way in.

Curtain - Show time, aud seems really into it and Page giving a little extra on his organ push.  Flawless jump into >

DC Bag - Slightly laid back on the intro.  Solo has a real nice natural build to it before a raging finish.   

Demand - I've never been into this one really but it sets up this next one nicely >

Rift - Gets the energy back up.  I've always been a fan because of Page's piano work and that it was the first Phish song I heard.

Slave-  Cool placement and definitely unexpected.   Trey's tone is gorgeous.    Very quiet start to the overall build.   Not quite a second set beefy closer but bridges the old school feel of the set with Guyute beautifully. 

Guyute - I used to enjoy this song a lot more.  Sounds effortless on all fronts especially Trey where it matters most.  Not a perfect version but close enough.   The tornado finish is just how I like.  Only thing missing is the darker vocals of Guyute's to come.

Bouncin - Yep

Possum - Trey brings back the slave tone for a brief moment and Fish seems poised to do some damage here as his maturity shows with his restraint.   Slight tension and Page really pushing Trey to push it further!   Mike and Fish super tight on the finish, really solid here and they keep coming back for more!!

Hello My Baby - yessir

SOAM - Nasty way to come out for set two, Fish is on it tonight and this one starts off on solid ground.  Just seventeen years ago and the music was the band.   Not cringe worthy in the slightest with an emerging theme early.   In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida tease?? Crushing it around 8+ just tight as hell, Fish back and forth in tempo, then typical split madness.   Sounds like they will finish off as per usual but it was not meant to be!  A little extra sugar thank you very much, sweet way to finish.

Strange Design- Page sounds great!

Taste - Really dig the concise version, Trey seems to not waste a single note. 

Reba - is on crack.   Composed seems right to me, Fish working his dress off with some fine work.  Page having a hard time linking up in early in the composed.  Jam takes us back to where Reba dreams are made.   Love the distortion and frenzy at 12:30 then it just does not stop!    Complete bomb drop holy $hit and another surprise ending finish.

Julius - After the previous intensity a dance filled Julius is like the icing. 

Monkey - I often ask myself these same questions.

Sparkle - Not the placement I'm looking for really but it does roll right into >

Mike's - Has not been the same since 95.  No longer filler, this beast you better beware. Love the slow in tempo after the fiery start and bringing it back down to the Mike's theme before the jam ensues.  Mini kit and this guy is happy, gimme gimme moooore.  Cool effects and work from Page / Mike during the kit.   Trey finds his footing extremely quick and then they finish in style, man I wish I could see the look on Trey's face.  >

Weekapaug - Not a perfect transition but far from a train wreck.  Extremely feel good Phish here with Trey in absolute control.  Smokestacks at 5:15 that is how you make the most of a limited amount of time.  Whole band noodling thereafter then the roof is torn open, what was that?!  Sounds like they could get bowied, then some serious channeling and now Maze but not meant to be!  Chaos

Amazing Grace - They must be feeling it.

Penn - With all the previous beef, I would not necessarily be looking for more, interesting choice no less. 

Overall this second set is pure money, I will be keeping it in the rotation.  Any excuse to listen to December 95 is fine by me.

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

khalpin

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 04, 2012, 12:39:11 AM

I haven't cornered him in an elevator pre-show, but I have sneak attacked him at the next pisser a couple times.  That's as good as the elevator because in both cases he has nowhere to run....That's how I got him to play McGrupp Chalkdust at 5/10/91....
I smell a new blog entry coming!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 03, 2012, 07:10:11 PM

Aren't you from Canada? I thought the cold didn't bother you people?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Superfreakie

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 04, 2012, 09:02:43 AM

I hate winter. It's awful.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phil

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 04, 2012, 11:02:26 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 04, 2012, 09:02:43 AM

I hate winter. It's awful.

Doesn't winter last nine months up there?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: khalpin on April 04, 2012, 07:56:13 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 04, 2012, 12:39:11 AM

I smell a new blog entry coming!

Nah. He just ate some asparagus for lunch.