News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasure Band?

Started by antelope19, November 16, 2005, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: derosaa on November 16, 2005, 01:40:43 PM
norah jones, trex,

^^^DEF!!!! she's very talented, I really like that song "dont know why."  Also I hate to admit but ive been rocking out to 311.  I normally stick to prog-rock (Yes, Genesis, Dream Theater- most of the time) & jam bands (Phish,Grateful Dead, Kimock, WSP), but lately the boys from Nebraska have been blastin from my ipod.  Their old albums blow my mind, especially Grassroots!

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

hachiemachie

norah jones, trex,

Dude...how in God's name can you ever feel guilty about liking T Rex?

antelope19

Quote from: phan003 on November 16, 2005, 02:32:06 PM
norah jones, trex,

^^^DEF!!!! she's very talented, I really like that song "dont know why." Also I hate to admit but ive been rocking out to 311. I normally stick to prog-rock (Yes, Genesis, Dream Theater- most of the time) & jam bands (Phish,Grateful Dead, Kimock, WSP), but lately the boys from Nebraska have been blastin from my ipod. Their old albums blow my mind, especially Grassroots!

Boy that takes me back.....many moons ago, in a past life,  :-P  I really enjoyed 311.  Especially Grassroots, music, etc.  Basically, their early stuff.  I think this may cause me to go and dig up these old cds from my archives.  Its been a while since I've heard anything by them, well except on the radio occasionally. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

Nebraska represent!!!!

GO BIG RED!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Guilty Pleasure?
A band/artist that I love but am embarassed to admit to?

I'd have to think about that...

spaced

Hey, if it's a pleasure for me, it's good, so it's not guilty :)  But I guess you could classify these as guilty pleasures:

Coldplay
Green Day
Van Halen
Joe Satriani
Muse (a total Radiohead rip-off, but I kind of liked their last album)
cheesy trance (well, sometimes)

susep

Guilty Pleasure Band?

Waylon Jennings>this guy rocks.  If country and western had a hard rock category he would exemplify.

sls.stormyrider

Waylon Jennings is the real deal. I wouldn't feel guilty at all about him. He's not even close to Garth Brooks and others like him.

Put another log on the fire...
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

petert686

I've got many guilty pleasure songs i duno about bands. but for songs ---- the breeders - cannonball. hey phish played it so its not that bad. and that song from clueless "we're the kids of america" something like that haha. and for bands how about sugarhill gang anyone?? and jefferson airplane/starship i duno if u'd consider them a guilty pleasure. oh and i've always liked metallica. theres more but i'll hold.

rowjimmy

Jefferson Airplane, not a thing to have guilt over. They were great.
Jefferson Starship... iffy
Starship... you've got some 'splainin to do...

petert686

well, the honest truth is i dont know which one is which. i just know a couple songs that r jefferson and i dont know if its airplane or starship, i just didn't wanna admit that. i like "jane" which i think might be starship. but "need somebody to love" or whatever its called is where its at and thats airplane i believe.

i really need more airplane all i have is "starships greatest hits'' and i hate greatest hits cds so i definitely need some airplane.

VA $l!m

Quote from: petert686 on November 16, 2005, 07:40:25 PM
well, the honest truth is i dont know which one is which. i just know a couple songs that r jefferson and i dont know if its airplane or starship, i just didn't wanna admit that. i like "jane" which i think might be starship. but "need somebody to love" or whatever its called is where its at and thats airplane i believe.

i really need more airplane all i have is "starships greatest hits'' and i hate greatest hits cds so i definitely need some airplane.

you def. need to at least understand the diff., and respect the plane...

try and hunt down all the airplane albums...lots of great stuff.
--Bathing at baxters(67), surrealistic pillow(67), crown of creation(68), bless its pointy little head(69), volunteers(69)...
those are my favs...the rest are good too.
i think i just had a flashback just listing the titles- :-o :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Bathing at Baxter's in particular.. recorded under the influence of Owsley's special brew...

jedifunk

how about simply starship!  we build this city!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

petert686

gotta love it jedi.

ok i just thought of my true guilty pleasure that i might get flamed for. BARBRA STREISAND. yeah thats right and i dont care what any of u say. so i dont actually have any of her albums but my music theory teacher is obsessed with her and plays her stuff for us from time to time and i'm sorry but that bitch can sing.