News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasure Band?

Started by antelope19, November 16, 2005, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

I have many "Guilty Pleasures," probably too many to list......Ace of Base comes to mind... :-P

oh, and Blink-182, used to LOVE them, don't really listen much anymore but boy can those guys write a catchy fucking pop song.
Bring in the dude!

jam>

Hicks

Quote from: jam> on January 29, 2009, 02:32:41 PM
Justin Timberlake anyone?

I'm more of a Maroon 5 guy.   :-D
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 29, 2009, 02:26:19 PM
I have many "Guilty Pleasures," probably too many to list......Ace of Base comes to mind... :-P

oh, and Blink-182, used to LOVE them, don't really listen much anymore but boy can those guys write a catchy fucking pop song.

yup, alot of those bands wrote some catchy tunes.  Remember Reel Big Fish? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Ri©h

When I was still living in California and Blink were barely a blip on the SoCal punk scene they released an album called 'Cheshire Cat' which totally kicks ass.  Seek it out...  you could see where they were going to end up during their early years.

I have a guilty pleasure for early Green Day.  After Dookie I kind of lost interest but their early stuff is great.  Dominated Love Slave anyone?

MiamiPhish

RBF played at my sophmore springfest...

The only thing I remember about it is them playing 'enter sandman'

meh

Mr Minor

Quote from: Rich on January 29, 2009, 03:10:00 PM

When I was still living in California and Blink were barely a blip on the SoCal punk scene they released an album called 'Cheshire Cat' which totally kicks ass.  Seek it out...  you could see where they were going to end up during their early years.

I have a guilty pleasure for early Green Day.  After Dookie I kind of lost interest but their early stuff is great.  Dominated Love Slave anyone?

Good stuff.  Green Day has some good songs on each album.  Even their newest album was pretty decent, as pop as it was.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Rich on January 29, 2009, 03:10:00 PM

oh yah, I think I have every Blink album released.....I basically worshipped these guys from 7th-9th grade  :-P
Bring in the dude!

Wolfmansbrother

Against me
even though theyre getting to be less and less of one

blatboom

kellerb

It used to be yacht rock, but then my friends bought a boat and I converted everyone into yacht rock fans.  So now I don't have to be guilty.  Except if people catch me singing "Danny's song" at work.

MiamiPhish

I forgot another one... so good...

You gotta love this CD... admit it, you do.

Ri©h

Quote from: MiamiPhish on January 29, 2009, 07:21:49 PM
I forgot another one... so good...

You gotta love this CD... admit it, you do.

I do.  Imo, their best album was 'The Hurting' but SFTBC is a classic all the way. 

khalpin

I wasn't gonna do this, but this thread is begging for it: