News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/08 - DCU Center - Worcester, MA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by emay, June 08, 2012, 11:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: birdman on June 09, 2012, 08:10:22 AM
There is a great moment during roses when the audience realized that they were going to take the jam out there. There wasa collective burst of energy from everyone there. It was great.

Reminds one of the Cities at Berkeley. Looking forward to hearing the show.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

emay

I dig these Free openers....only if they can keep the energy throughout the rest of the show or set.

emay

haha I think its funny that livephish broke the roses into a 5 min roses > 4 min worcester jam...
will prob only listen to the roses, gin, dwd > sand > nellie kane, and 2001 from this show. They got a lot left for bonnaroo.

cant wait for AC!!!!!! :crazy:

sophist

Bvaz reviews = cutting edge Paug journalism.  That's all I needed to see. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Thrillhouse

Quote from: DoW on June 09, 2012, 11:20:32 AM
Quote from: Mango on June 09, 2012, 02:22:51 AM
Just got back from DCU. What a fuckin night, man.
We had some niice seats on PageSideRageSide, pretty much even with the front of the stage like 20 ft away. Nice view of the band all the way across and the crowd. I was pretty pumped by the time they started, had just finished a bunch of coffee and was super baked. I didn't stop gettin down hard from the beginning of Free on through Axilla, at least.
Roses was especially dank - just as we thought the were gonna end the song with some big ol' finish, they built it up super heavy until all we could do is look around at eachother and then it just oozed into this meandering groove that made everyone go wild. Axilla fuckin raged the place, I saw some kids in the front row throwing their entire bodies in like every direction during the whole thing.
Bouncing Around the Room was nice to see cause I've always liked that song, but I can't say it really grabbed my attention. Bathtub Gin was really sweet, I had a "what song is this" moment a while into the jam which I was pleasantly surprised by.

For the second set, I liked the Disease opener but can't remember anything too striking about it. Mike's Song and Makisupa were really solid, Mike was doing some wacky things to his bass and makin noises that I didn't know a bass could. Weekapaug Groove was pretty delicious. Velvet Sea was.. well, it was lame. Our whole section sat down for that one. And though Suzy Greenberg was a fun, energetic encore, I still can't figure out if I like that song.

Anyways, overall I had a really, really good time. Gettin off work early for the show was a plus..
I'm not sure how KoP convinced me to write this.
Goooooood night.
mango = tyler?

Lindsay
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

McGrupp

Quote from: DoW on June 09, 2012, 11:44:03 AM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on June 09, 2012, 11:42:59 AM
Quote from: DoW on June 09, 2012, 11:20:32 AM
Quote from: Mango on June 09, 2012, 02:22:51 AM
Just got back from DCU. What a fuckin night, man.
We had some niice seats on PageSideRageSide, pretty much even with the front of the stage like 20 ft away. Nice view of the band all the way across and the crowd. I was pretty pumped by the time they started, had just finished a bunch of coffee and was super baked. I didn't stop gettin down hard from the beginning of Free on through Axilla, at least.
Roses was especially dank - just as we thought the were gonna end the song with some big ol' finish, they built it up super heavy until all we could do is look around at eachother and then it just oozed into this meandering groove that made everyone go wild. Axilla fuckin raged the place, I saw some kids in the front row throwing their entire bodies in like every direction during the whole thing.
Bouncing Around the Room was nice to see cause I've always liked that song, but I can't say it really grabbed my attention. Bathtub Gin was really sweet, I had a "what song is this" moment a while into the jam which I was pleasantly surprised by.

For the second set, I liked the Disease opener but can't remember anything too striking about it. Mike's Song and Makisupa were really solid, Mike was doing some wacky things to his bass and makin noises that I didn't know a bass could. Weekapaug Groove was pretty delicious. Velvet Sea was.. well, it was lame. Our whole section sat down for that one. And though Suzy Greenberg was a fun, energetic encore, I still can't figure out if I like that song.

Anyways, overall I had a really, really good time. Gettin off work early for the show was a plus..
I'm not sure how KoP convinced me to write this.
Goooooood night.
mango = tyler?

Lindsay
that was my next guess.
I'm just glad we don;t have another user with an avatar of someone else's dog.  one is enough on here.  :-D

I'm the only one creepy enough to pull it off.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whatapiper

Sounds like i have some listening when I finally get back from this weekend of graduation hell. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Mango

Gumbo72203

Roses jam:  FUCK YEAH.  Trey owned the entrance; fucking perfect.  They kept the command a lot longer than I thought.  There was one point where Page was ascending towards an implied cadence, but Trey fumbled chords and the jam never recovered.  Sunk into typical 3.0 territory, but legit...before that happened...HOLY FUCK.  Real Phish. 

Julius:  best of 3.0?  Maybe.  Fucking incredible.  See Mike and Trey hook up on that theme they did.  So great.

Gin:  definitely best of 3.0.  Made me think of 1.0.  Just solid, all together.  The weird slow down and then the fucking EXPLOSION in speed was just amazing.  Total hose.   LEO!!!!!!!!!  Thats what Phish is about. 

Disease:  i like this.  6:20ish in when Page lays on the piano and Trey is trilling.  The best thing is that Trey is sticking to notes; he's letting things develop instead of noodling.  He's hanging on given notes, and letting things develop behind it.  Thats how you jam correctly.  Pay Jorgan!  OMG PAGE OWNING at 8:38

This is going to be an epic tour.  Trey sounds so comfortable in the jamming.  Holy crap.  The whole band is listening to each other, fucking following and leading.  This is what we wanted guys, this is what we wanted.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

Honestly (and I'm not trying to be insulting here) but coming from you, "Best of 3.0" holds zero credibility.

danje

Other than the Roses, I wasn't a fan of last night's first set. The Sand was extremely groovy while it lasted, and the 2001 ended very well. Page destroyed his solo in Suzy.

mattstick

Some great interplay towards the end of Sand, and the transition into Nellie Kane was fun, albeit too early.

gainesvillegreen

Better show last night than 6/7 I thought. Maze had moments. Some FUN in the second set.

We'll see what Bonnaroo brings...
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.