News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

true
which ties in with poverty, and, I suspect, the drug wars
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: slslbs on December 21, 2012, 10:35:09 PM
true
which ties in with poverty, and, I suspect, the drug wars

I should have been careful with my comment, as in no way do I wish to belittle the suffering of any victims of gun violence or violence in general. I'm sure the stat concerning the amount of women killed by spouses/bf with guns would be equally horrifying.   :cry: 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

true - and kids killing themselves with their parents guns, or being shot accidentally.

I think we all know / heard of a kid who got his parents gun with the end result a tragedy.

preventable, those things should be locked up.

the American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended that parents ask about guns (in the same way they ask about seatbelts and bike helmets) and encourage them to be locked as it is obviously a public health problem. In FLA, an NRA sponsored bill was signed into law making that conversation illegal and punishable by fine, saying that it infringed on gun owners right to privacy. Fortunately, the courts overturned it. Shows you how fucked up the NRA is.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

twatts

As an aside... 

I really shouldn't post when I'm drunk...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

antelope19

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on December 22, 2012, 08:47:22 AM
As an aside... 

Terry

So which one was the hunting rifle?  :-)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

As an aside... 

Terry
Are you drunk already?
:police:

twatts

Quote from: antelope19 on December 22, 2012, 09:06:40 AM
As an aside... 

Terry

So which one was the hunting rifle?  :-)

Both... 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on December 21, 2012, 06:49:18 PM

Well, if you think that your right to own guns is more important than trying to prevent mass shootings, then yes, I don't know what to tell you.

I could drive to my nearest police station and hand in my firearms (I don't own any assault weapons, by the way), and it wouldn't make a lick of difference in terms of stopping or enabling potential future mass shootings.

And I've not said anything else to indicate that I hold complete, unencumbered gun-ownership rights to be more sacred than preventing mass shootings. (To the contrary).

So I really don't know what your point is.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 22, 2012, 03:35:16 PM
Quote from: mattstick on December 21, 2012, 06:49:18 PM

Well, if you think that your right to own guns is more important than trying to prevent mass shootings, then yes, I don't know what to tell you.

I could drive to my nearest police station and hand in my firearms (I don't own any assault weapons, by the way), and it wouldn't make a lick of difference in terms of stopping or enabling potential future mass shootings.

And I've not said anything else to indicate that I hold complete, unencumbered gun-ownership rights to be more sacred than preventing mass shootings. (To the contrary).

So I really don't know what your point is.

Pretty sure his point is/was that he was not addressing you directly until you decided to jump in the path of his comments.

VDB

So Matt said, until the follow up comment with the emphasized "you" indicated otherwise. I thought that was pretty clear in context.

Anyway, we don't need to continue sitting here antagonizing one another. Merry Christmas. Peace on earth.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 23, 2012, 09:00:28 AM
Anyway, we don't need to continue sitting here antagonizing one another.

actually, yes, we do.
this is the interweb, after all

flame on
:samurai:

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on December 23, 2012, 10:06:19 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 23, 2012, 09:00:28 AM
Anyway, we don't need to continue sitting here antagonizing one another.

actually, yes, we do.
this is the interweb, after all

flame on
:samurai:

Pipe down Gramps!

sls.stormyrider

awww
you're taking all my fun away.
Now all there left is to get drunk and watch football.

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on December 23, 2012, 02:10:00 PM
awww
you're taking all my fun away.
Now all there left is to get drunk and watch football.

Was there ever anything else?

sls.stormyrider

you got a point there

time for another beer