News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Olympics 2012

Started by emay, July 28, 2012, 01:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: EdBanky on July 31, 2012, 11:53:20 PM
Just witnessed a Tweezer Reprise highlight reel.  :rockout:

I thougt it worked really well, too... Though it made me picture phelps with the bong for a second.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 01, 2012, 01:21:36 AM

Though it made me picture phelps with the bong for a second.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 31, 2012, 10:17:41 PM
Fuck. Phelps got Phelps'd in the 200 fly this time around.

see what happens when you start doing bong hits?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

NBC's coverage can only be described as "piss-poor."

Even if it were live, the coverage teams are just idiots.

The one bright spot is the DirecTV app that has allowed me to record all the swimming pre-lims and every USA water-polo game without having to record the entire day.

If you've never watched water polo, you should. It's the roughest sport out there... at least on-par with rugby and hockey for brutality between players... the crazy thing is the women are even rougher than the men...
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I can't watch it at all.

Not legally.

I don't have cable so no internet streaming. and I cannot get OTA broadcasts at my house.

So, pretty much, fuck NBC.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 01, 2012, 10:27:35 AM
NBC's coverage can only be described as "piss-poor."

Even if it were live, the coverage teams are just idiots.

The one bright spot is the DirecTV app that has allowed me to record all the swimming pre-lims and every USA water-polo game without having to record the entire day.

If you've never watched water polo, you should. It's the roughest sport out there... at least on-par with rugby and hockey for brutality between players... the crazy thing is the women are even rougher than the men...

I saw a few minutes of a preview for this and was really surprised actually at how intense it was...Still, I don't really have any interest in any of the Olympics asides from the opening and closing ceremonies. Actually, I didn't even bother with the opening ceremonies, so yeah, I have little to no interest in this. As you were.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Damn, musta turned it off just a couple minutes too soon last night.

I guess the NBC Phish ninja from Vancouver is still around.
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 01, 2012, 12:45:03 PM

Damn, musta turned it off just a couple minutes too soon last night.

I guess the NBC Phish ninja from Vancouver is still around.

this was from yesterday

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

shoreline99

That was awesome. I was going to post about that last night.  :music:  :smoke:

Interestingly enough, when NBC upped it to their website the music selection was changed.

http://sports.gunaxin.com/michael-phelps-highlights-set-tweezer-phish/125982

QuoteMichael Phelps is now the most decorated Olympic athlete of all time, after winning his 18th and 19th medal today. NBC led into an interview with Phelps this evening by playing video of all 19 of those medals, set to some familiar music. They chose Tweezer Reprise by Phish for the Beijing segment, a choice that seems oddly appropriate for an athlete who has been linked to marijuana usage previously. Phelps seemed laid back in the interview despite Bob Costas poking him about his disappointing performance at the games.

Amazingly, when the non-embeddable version of this video montage made it's way onto the NBC Olympics site, it was with different music in the background. Apparently NBC execs weren't too proud of their connection to Phish.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 01, 2012, 01:14:46 PM
That was awesome. I was going to post about that last night.  :music:  :smoke:

Interestingly enough, when NBC upped it to their website the music selection was changed.

http://sports.gunaxin.com/michael-phelps-highlights-set-tweezer-phish/125982

QuoteMichael Phelps is now the most decorated Olympic athlete of all time, after winning his 18th and 19th medal today. NBC led into an interview with Phelps this evening by playing video of all 19 of those medals, set to some familiar music. They chose Tweezer Reprise by Phish for the Beijing segment, a choice that seems oddly appropriate for an athlete who has been linked to marijuana usage previously. Phelps seemed laid back in the interview despite Bob Costas poking him about his disappointing performance at the games.

Amazingly, when the non-embeddable version of this video montage made it's way onto the NBC Olympics site, it was with different music in the background. Apparently NBC execs weren't too proud of their connection to Phish.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard thats funny.

barnesy305

Am I the only one who winces during the weightlifting events? I keep waiting for a leg to snap or a blown out asshole.

phil

Quote from: barnesy305 on August 01, 2012, 05:02:33 PM
Am I the only one who winces during the weightlifting events? I keep waiting for a leg to snap or a blown out asshole.

Youtube abounds with videos of both
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

twatts

Quote from: phil on August 02, 2012, 10:01:13 AM
blown out asshole.[/b]

Youtube abounds with videos

And you know all about that???   :-o

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phil

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 02, 2012, 11:04:37 AM
Quote from: phil on August 02, 2012, 10:01:13 AM
blown out asshole.[/b]

Youtube abounds with videos

And you know all about that???   :-o

Terry

What can I say, I've watched a few videos of weightlifters crapping themselves in my day.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?