News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/19 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, August 20, 2012, 07:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alumni

I say this out of love . . . Phish and cheese started going together back in 1.0. It's part of the whole guilty pleasure package, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I still have my 1994 folder on my external drive.
Cause I got a degree

mattstick

It just doesn't fit with the other 14 quality minutes of light, at least, imo.

mattstick

In the second set reboot section they (specifically Mike) really missed the opportunity for a nice segue between Boogie On and Meatstick.

rowjimmy

Boogie On, Meatstick is the segment that keeps this set firmly in 3.0 territory.

Boogie On is such a tired song these days (I've said it before) and well, you all know how I feel about Meatstick.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 21, 2012, 02:04:07 PM
Boogie On, Meatstick is the segment that keeps this set firmly in 3.0 territory.

Boogie On is such a tired song these days (I've said it before) and well, you all know how I feel about Meatstick.
I agree.  I was floored by the Cross Eyed sammy only to be brought back to earth and disheartened to see them hit "3.0 good" after being Phish for about 35 minutes. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Undermind

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 21, 2012, 02:04:07 PM

all true with the exception of the DCU Boogie...
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mattstick

Augustus

Quote from: antelope19 on August 21, 2012, 11:24:10 AM
Let's hope this is the springboard jam to he rest of leg II

Nice.
It has to be said for every 3.0 Tour....

antelope19

Quote from: Augustus on August 21, 2012, 03:36:56 PM

Nice.

Yeah, yeah. But this time is gonna be different!  :roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on August 21, 2012, 04:42:13 PM

Nice.

:shakehead:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mbw

Quote from: antelope19 on August 21, 2012, 04:42:13 PM

Nice.

Until they do it again!   :rawk:

:shakehead:

Alumni

Quote from: mattstick on August 21, 2012, 12:42:39 PM

It just doesn't fit with the other 14 quality minutes of light, at least, imo.

I get what you're saying. I haven't had a chance to re-listen since the webcast, but I do remember that it kind of came out of left field. Maybe it was a bit contrived/forced. The drop into Sally was slick, but I do remember thinking (and writing below) that Sally didn't *really* seem to fit the vibe they'd been painting to that point in the set . . .

Put all that aside for a second, though. This is pretty demanding criticism. Dare I say, 1.0-level criticism. After grading on a curve for years, it feels pretty good to do. Especially since the last time I proclaimed "Damn, this really does seem like Phish," my timing was comically bad (2 songs into a Jones Beach set 2 that promptly took a right turn down the choo choo tracks).
Cause I got a degree

mattstick

I figured out why I don't like it... it's straight out of the UM or Bisco playbook.

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: mattstick on August 21, 2012, 07:12:51 PM

I figured out why I don't like it... it's straight out of the UM or Bisco playbook.

great comparison.

at least trey hasn't started fist-pumping whole step chord changes yet.

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: mattstick on August 21, 2012, 07:12:51 PM

I guess I was waiting for someone else to not be psyched about it to say this but...except for the Sally's this set doesn't get me too excited.  The RnR from Long Beach however... :music: