News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/25 - Lakewood Amphitheatre - Atlanta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, August 25, 2012, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

08-25-2012
Lakewood Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

I: Cars Trucks Buses, Wolfman's Brother, Runaway Jim, Ya Mar, Alaska, My Soul, Wilson, Maze, Roses Are Free > Backwards Down the Number Line > Character Zero

II: Kill Devil Falls, Golden Age > Free > Light > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Chalk Dust Torture* -> :wtu: > Joy, Run Like an Antelope

E: A Day in the Life

*400th
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Chalk Dust tried to get there but it ended up in WTU so ... you decide.

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2012, 11:03:11 PM
Chalk Dust tried to get there but it ended up in WTU so ... you decide.

As long as Phish continues to Spite RJ

antelope19

Get rid of Alaska in the first set and it's ok. Get rid of half the 2nd set and it's still sub par
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

blatboom

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on August 26, 2012, 12:00:51 AM
Get rid of Alaska in the first set and it's ok. Get rid of half the 2nd set and it's still sub par

scathing review!  :-o
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Itsnotanexperience

Liked most of the improv in the second set.      Thought the antelope was fairly raging.   

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

Quote from: whatapiper on August 26, 2012, 01:41:42 AM
It's too bad these last two shows have not delivered...  :|

What's too bad is that we have unreasonably high expectations after just a few good shows at the beginning of a Leg. It's still 3.0 ... they're clearly more into the idea of "jamming" than they were last summer, but let's be real here - not every show is going to be bring the heat. Which is unfortunate, but also just the way it is...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Itsnotanexperience

First show for me since 2010.   Toss Alaska, joy and wading and I think it is a solid 3.0 show with some fairly cool mini jams.   Trey played some very cool guitar in spots.   Many 18-22 year olds were actually proclaiming what they were seeing as brilliant.   I thought it was pretty funny.   I really liked where kdf was headed.....same with all four of the 10 min jams in the second set. 

In the end....it was standard 3.0.

Augustus

It really sucks that the band lost their magic.
Good thing they didn't become a novelty act, tho.

mattstick

This is the first Light in some time people haven't been raving about.

antelope19

Lt me be a little less harsh. Show was well played and I really enjoyed chalkdust, antelope, maze, roses, and yamar. I hate to say it, but I'm just never going to be happy with a set that includes wading, joy and wtu.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy