News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/28 - Chaifetz Arena - St. Louis, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, August 29, 2012, 12:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

The first half of Limb is Trey just fucking around with his wah, not knowing what to do.
The second half is good peak stuff.

Augustus

Also, that Chalk is really fucked up at the end.
Standard 3.0 Chalk > completely blown > typical jam found in DWD/RnR...

VA $l!m

i should read more of these for the Gumbo. i need more of whatever he is doing in my life. :-D
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Gumbo72203

what am I doing?  Do you REALLY want to know?

Chapter 17 - Taxes.  Foreign comapnies (including issuers of American Deposit Receipts) and governments generally withhold a percentage of customers dividends and interest to cover foreign taxes, but do not withhold capital gains.  The customer can use the amoutn withheld as a tax credit or an itemized deduction on their tax return.  Dividends paid to customers are fully taxable.

See?  That.  Is what I do.  All day.  Studying to be a Fernerntial Erdverser.  That, and I miss my girlfriend.  I had to move out in November.  Miss the fuck out of her.  Hate it.  Life is beat.  Trying to be successful to fill the hole.

Super lame.  Living by yourself.  With just a cat.  And the interboards. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Augustus on August 29, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

I didn't say it wasn't fucked up.  I said it was awesome. 

Its funny though, because I knew EXACTLY WHAT TREY WAS GOING TO DO.  The instant Fish started the snare rolls but Trey kept playing a lick, I KNEW he was trying to tell Fish "DUDE DON'T STOP!!!!!" 

is that weird?

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Augustus

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 29, 2012, 05:23:47 PM
what am I doing?  Do you REALLY want to know?

Chapter 17 - Taxes.  Foreign comapnies (including issuers of American Deposit Receipts) and governments generally withhold a percentage of customers dividends and interest to cover foreign taxes, but do not withhold capital gains.  The customer can use the amoutn withheld as a tax credit or an itemized deduction on their tax return.  Dividends paid to customers are fully taxable.

See?  That.  Is what I do.  All day.  Studying to be a Fernerntial Erdverser.  That, and I miss my girlfriend.  I had to move out in November.  Miss the fuck out of her.  Hate it.  Life is beat.  Trying to be successful to fill the hole.

Super lame.  Living by yourself.  With just a cat.  And the interboards.

Now I get it.
3.0 is the ONLY music you can listen to up wherever the fuck it is and it blows your mind.
Kinda like being in County and your floor supervisor is some 340 pounder but you still smash that 'cause it's the ONLY pussy you see every day.

Gumbo72203

Ehh, i mean i still have chicks over.  But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what you think I might be trying to sort of convey in this attempt.  I mean it depends, on whether or not your tax status allows for limited partnership with lack of liquidity. 

I mean, do they?  They have to be approved by the general partner, but limited partners lack control over management.  They gotta shut the fuck up, and can't participate.

Augustus

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 29, 2012, 05:41:19 PM
Ehh, i mean i still have chicks over.  But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what you think I might be trying to sort of convey in this attempt.  I mean it depends, on whether or not your tax status allows for limited partnership with lack of liquidity. 

I mean, do they?  They have to be approved by the general partner, but limited partners lack control over management.  They gotta shut the fuck up, and can't participate.

Sucks about your girlfriend, dude.

rowjimmy

gainesvillegreen

Due to moving from CO to FL, starting a new job, establishing internet, etc...my exposure to this leg has been spotty. This is the first show this leg I have listened to beginning to end and been able to revisit throughout the day.

Like the Jim in the first set. Nothing over the top, but they are listening well to each other.
The Sand, Walk Away, and Limb By Limb is a super stretch. Trey's work in Walk Away is like an island.

Overall enjoyable show, would have had a great time being there.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Itsnotanexperience

i have had 48 hours to digest the 8/28 experience and i can say that i loved this show, pretty much start to finish.    it was one of the the first since 1998 where i wasnt really bummed by anything that happened during the show other than fishman flubbing the start of punch was funny more than upsetting.     the mix of noobs and older heads seemed to work (grayhairs and 20 year olds were high-fiving all around me all night....in my section, the kids were grooving to mound and the curtain like they were fully appreciative of seeing the vintage tunes.....singing every verse and chorus)  which was something i havent seen at the seven or so 3.0 shows ive seen so far.    there were no more flubs than a '97 show and trey, still lacking his 1.0 fluidity on guitar and continuing to rock the reba jam like he is more a clapton style rocker than his former, shreddier self, sounded very confident and in control and actually leading the band......this, to me, was more of what i hear (since trey went sober) at a TAB live show.     he didnt sound tentative at all.   his use of effects (delay tails in pyite - badass) continues to make me smile this tour.

i bought tuesday night.    it worked for me.   the little tweak-jams in many of the short songs were cool and i loved their sustained energy throughout the entire show.   

sorry to see that the next night was fairly blah......clearly they still cant bring that energy night after night, but this leg and much of the first leg, give me hope that they are fighting their way back to a good place worthy of continued interest and maybe, eventually, excitement.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: Augustus on August 29, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

Sounded to me like Trey forced the jam to keep going instead of following Fish into the ending. But once everybody else was on board with continuing, Trey seemed like he had no clue what he wanted to do next. They ended up salvaging it and turning it into a nice little jam before the > FS. Loved the show overall. Ran into :wtu: and HereComesTheJoker. Just missed Itsnot at setbreak. Thought they could've been ending the first set after Sample, so the rest felt like a bonus. Peaches, Curtain, and Mound all seemed really well played, though I haven't gotten around to a re-listen of set 1 yet. Set 2 was money. I'll take more of these, please.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Thrillhouse

I got the chance to see my favorite band play my favorite song (reba) in the town I was born and raised in.

I will never have a bad word to say about this show.

God damnit I love phish.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...