News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/01 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, September 02, 2012, 02:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I haven't watched the webcast vid of this one yet, but I'm wondering if there is a shot of me standing 2nd row with my mouth hanging open during the heavy metal Prince Caspian jam.

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on September 06, 2012, 08:32:10 AM

I haven't watched the webcast vid of this one yet, but I'm wondering if there is a shot of me standing 2nd row with my mouth hanging open during the heavy metal Prince Caspian jam.

Nice, let's hope.  Its a ripper.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2012, 10:38:45 PM

So killer.

Moves pretty seamlessly through several distinct themes and features Trey laying back a ton.

Love his use of the harmonizer throughout the jam at 6:10 and again at 13:10 which shifts the whole sound around in a way i can't really explain... almost sounds like some strange modulation or something but I think it's just Trey adding a weird interval -- or maybe both.  Either way, I dig it.  Then the following melody he come in with at 13:51 is so perfect to me. Genius, really, and so "Trey"

I felt like this jam would have ripcorded 5-6 different times had it been played by the 3.0Trey I am used to...
Bring in the dude!

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 06, 2012, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2012, 10:38:45 PM

So killer.

Moves pretty seamlessly through several distinct themes and features Trey laying back a ton.

Love his use of the harmonizer throughout the jam at 6:10 and again at 13:10 which shifts the whole sound around in a way i can't really explain... almost sounds like some strange modulation or something but I think it's just Trey adding a weird interval -- or maybe both.  Either way, I dig it.  Then the following melody he come in with at 13:51 is so perfect to me. Genius, really, and so "Trey"

I felt like this jam would have ripcorded 5-6 different times had it been played by the 3.0Trey I am used to...

I really like this Light too........great vibe throughout and very non-3.0-ish.

GBL

I can't remember if this was pre or post show, but I'm gonna go ahead and say post..

Yea bud!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Gundo

Went back and listened to this LIGHT yesterday. I know there are a lot of really good Lights from this tour but this one is for sure the best Light of the whole tour, and I think it's safe to say of all time.

WhatstheUse?

Im gonna have to bust out the Greek Light and see how it compares. That was def one of my favorite attended jams at the time...
Bring in the dude!