News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: Multibeast12 on March 31, 2021, 04:25:38 PM
Cuomo must really be in trouble if he finally allowed Legal Weed in NY.

I'm sayin'
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2021, 08:34:21 AM
Hello from VA.

Can't see you, too cloudy in there :mrgreen: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Buffalo Budd

Congrats, Virginia is now, more than ever, for lovers.  :smoke:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Is anybody else out there buying Delta 8? I bought some gummies in a local Austin shop and ate one the other night. Y'all know I don't generally smoke weed, so my tolerance is nil, but that gummy had me zooted like a teenager taking his first bong hit. I still can't believe I bought it legally in texas! Shit is basically legal weed. I love the modern era!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowicz/2021/03/12/delta-8-thc-offers-a-legal-high-but-heres-why-the-booming-business-may-soon-go-up-in-smoke/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 18, 2021, 08:54:25 AM
Is anybody else out there buying Delta 8? I bought some gummies in a local Austin shop and ate one the other night. Y'all know I don't generally smoke weed, so my tolerance is nil, but that gummy had me zooted like a teenager taking his first bong hit. I still can't believe I bought it legally in texas! Shit is basically legal weed. I love the modern era!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowicz/2021/03/12/delta-8-thc-offers-a-legal-high-but-heres-why-the-booming-business-may-soon-go-up-in-smoke/

I hadn't yet, but I just ordered myself a GDP cart to give it a try.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

I've been meaning to check out the D8 but keep forgetting. I've heard good things.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Just found out that the CBD shop at the end of my street sells it. I may grab some on the way home, too!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

A friend of mine had a cartridge the other day. We all agreed that the experience is basically just like the regular stuff, though a little shorter in duration and perhaps a little clearer-brained. It all bears further research, I've decided.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

I ended up not going to the shop at the end of my street, since I had already ordered a cart online I figured I'd wait to see if I like it before buying more. And I just watched the mailman deliver mine through my Ring doorbell. I'll be giving it a try tonight when I get home. I'll report back.  :mrgreen:

mistercharlie

All right, I like this stuff. I got a cart of "Grand Daddy Purp' and the taste and effect are damn near identical. Good stuff, I'm definitely going to go into my local shop and see what they have to offer.

VDB

I hope you will/did have a wonderful retail buying experience like I did, MC. There's this CBD shop in town that's set up (rather comically, if you ask me) just like a real dispensary: lobby in the front, window in the wall looking in on the store itself, person checking your ID then waving you in through the doors. Display cases inside, countertops, weed-y products and product branding. My budtender was a nice little stoner chick who walked me through all their D8 offerings. I got a preroll, two different grams of bud (as marketed based on listed effects; on sale for $10 each), and some gummies. Paid with credit card, gave her a nice tip, and walked out with my drugs in a paper bag. As with the cartridge I'd tried, the other two formats basically jibed with the control group. This will be fun while it lasts, I say.

One thing that may be cause for concern among some (or at least can make D8 objectively inferior to D9) is that what you buy isn't always strictly a natural product. Some D8 products are apparently made from naturally extracted D8, taken directly out of the plant just like one might CBD or any other cannabinoid. But in other cases the D8 has been made in a lab. Since it occurs in such small amounts naturally, having not been bred to high levels like CBD and D9 have, often the efficient thing to do is to synthesize it from other cannabinoids. Apparently cannabinoids all branch from the same original chemical and are similar enough that you can turn them into each other using chemistry. This involves extracting CBD or what have you from the plant, adding chemicals to stimulate reactions, rinsing those, trying not to leave behind byproducts--I'm not an expert on the process. Then, you can take your synthesized D8 and (as with naturally extracted D8) make vape oil with it, or edibles, or in the case of bud, apply it to the (otherwise nonpsychoactive) hemp flower. So clearly, synthesized D8 is not the same as nor as preferable as regular old, made-by-the-plant D9. But not as inherently artificial, flagrantly chemical, mysterious, and (presumably) dangerous as the K2/spice of old, either. Perhaps growers will be able to breed hemp with high enough natural levels of D8 that the synthesis option will go by the wayside soon. Perhaps the synthesized stuff is still perfectly safe, insofar as it might be chemically identical to the natural version. I do not know. Alls I know is it works. And that means score one for the counter culture.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: VDB on May 18, 2021, 11:35:16 AM
I've been meaning to check out the D8 but keep forgetting. I've heard good things.

My daughter  :laugh:  introduced me to it recently. Took a 60mg edible to give it a shot. Was definitely high AF but was different. The only way I can explain it is there isn't a psychedelic component to the high, if that makes sense.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Quote from: mehead on June 09, 2021, 03:49:44 PM

My daughter  :laugh:  introduced me to it recently. Took a 60mg edible to give it a shot. Was definitely high AF but was different. The only way I can explain it is there isn't a psychedelic component to the high, if that makes sense.

That's exactly how I'd describe it, too.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 09, 2021, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: mehead on June 09, 2021, 03:49:44 PM

That's exactly how I'd describe it, too.

Then what's the point?