News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Metal Thread

Started by Gumbo72203, November 06, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

QuoteJust watched that last night.  Very awesome.  He doesn't nail the spider chord like Dave does, though.  Talk about nit-picky.

Good eye.  I didn't notice that.  Dave's getting old I guess  :P

khalpin

Damn, they're playing about 45 minutes away, Megadeth/Lamb of God in May.  I have tickets for Maiden in September which I thought would be my son's first concert.  Might need to take him to see Megadeth  as his first instead.

khalpin

GBL

I've been blowing loads all over the place over the past week or so because I've finally listened to Animals as Leaders and Intervals

like holy fucking shit

FUCK

FUCKING FUCK

If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

Quote from: GBL on September 29, 2022, 03:17:14 PMI've been blowing loads all over the place

you must realllllllly love metal!  will check it out!

GBL

that Intervals song is so awesome, imo

such a cool example of modern melodic metal, heavy and super groovy, I love how the theme is played around with so much

I think if I read right this is basically a one man band

anthrax

khalpin

Was that your show?  I think you said you were going to catch them.

Also this, in case you haven't heard.  Looks like a pretty cool show.

https://ultimatemetallica.com/metallica-celebrate-jonny-marsha-zazula-concert-2022/

QuoteMetallica
Nov. 6, 2022
Hard Rock Live in Hollywood Florida
1. Creeping Death
2. Ride the Lightning
3. Motorbreath
4. No Remorse
5. Trapped Under Ice
6. The Call of Ktulu
7. Phantom Lord
8. Am I Evil?
9. Metal Militia
10. For Whom the Bell Tolls
11. Whiplash
12. Fade to Black
13. Seek & Destroy
ENCORE
14. Fight Fire With Fire
15. Blitzkrieg
16. Hit the Lights

anthrax

yeah, we went to the Indiana show, and it was up there on Twitch for a few days.  they will be streaming every night from a cell phone in the photo pit...not the best vid quality, but still worth a watch.  the venue sounded great and both kreator and mercyful fate brought the heat.  mercyful fate played a new tune which was pretty damn good.  new album on the way, perhaps?

crazy looking metallica show!

Quote from: khalpin on November 08, 2022, 06:26:33 PMWas that your show?  I think you said you were going to catch them.

Also this, in case you haven't heard.  Looks like a pretty cool show.

https://ultimatemetallica.com/metallica-celebrate-jonny-marsha-zazula-concert-2022/

QuoteMetallica
Nov. 6, 2022
Hard Rock Live in Hollywood Florida
1. Creeping Death
2. Ride the Lightning
3. Motorbreath
4. No Remorse
5. Trapped Under Ice
6. The Call of Ktulu
7. Phantom Lord
8. Am I Evil?
9. Metal Militia
10. For Whom the Bell Tolls
11. Whiplash
12. Fade to Black
13. Seek & Destroy
ENCORE
14. Fight Fire With Fire
15. Blitzkrieg
16. Hit the Lights

Gumbo72203

we went to Cannibal Corpse, Dark Funeral, and Immolation on Friday.  it was awesomeeeee.  SO many people.  It was a heavy sea of chaos up front.  What a time!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

anthrax

Gumbo72203

Quote from: anthrax on November 09, 2022, 04:51:58 PM

Truly, this must be the reason why i got into death metal.  I prefer Barnes tho i think over Corpsegrinder.  He was cool tho, waved to me at the end of the show on his way to the bus. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

khalpin

anthrax

^^ that's a great vid!

so, tickets go onsale this week for metallica at soldier field.  show is in the round so there will be a huge capacity.  pantera opening.  this is normally a show i'd be all over, but the concert isn't until AUGUST OF 2024.  what the hell is this?  i don't know how i feel about giving metallica  a 2 year loan, not to mention i don't exactly know my travel schedule for then!?

GBL

that's fucking crazy, 2 years?  Thanks, Lars