News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Metal Thread

Started by Gumbo72203, November 06, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

That's beyond ridiculous.  Fuck them.  Put your money in iBonds and then buy tickets from scalpers in a year and a half.  You'll probably end up with better seats.  Looks like the entire tour is Friday and Sunday shows.  Makes me think they'll just add a Saturday show if both nights sell out but what do I know.... 

Meadowlands goes on sale the same day for August 2023.  Crazy

mbw

Cleary inspired by the bakers dozen they are doing "no repeat" weekends.

anthrax

That's a totally foreign concept to metal bands where every single note, step, laser, and bit of pyro is rehearsed for weeks.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on November 29, 2022, 04:04:14 PMThat's a totally foreign concept to metal bands where every single note, step, laser, and bit of pyro is rehearsed for weeks.

It's no different. It's just two shows worth of it. Repeated in each city. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

natronzero

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 29, 2022, 10:23:07 PM
Quote from: anthrax on November 29, 2022, 04:04:14 PMThat's a totally foreign concept to metal bands where every single note, step, laser, and bit of pyro is rehearsed for weeks.

With a day off in between
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

anthrax

Quote from: natronzero on November 30, 2022, 07:37:25 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 29, 2022, 10:23:07 PM

With a day off in between

I noticed that.  Wonder if it's a needed rehearsal day?  Speaking of metal...11.30.97 Wolfmans Brother  :beerbang:  :beerbang:

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

GBL

"Only 13 shows? Whatever..."

"and you don't get to play the same songs"
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

going to see a little band called Anthrax on sunday.  it's their 40th anniversary tour.  sounds familiar.  Exodus is opening  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:

khalpin

Thanks for the heads up and how was it?  Didn't know they were touring.  I asked my son and he wants to go, so we're going to the Allentown show this Saturday.  It'll be his 2nd show after seeing Maiden back in October.  Haven't seen Anthrax or Exodus since seeing them on the Among the Living/Pleasures of the Flesh tour in '87.

anthrax

Quote from: khalpin on January 30, 2023, 06:57:12 PMThanks for the heads up and how was it?  Didn't know they were touring.  I asked my son and he wants to go, so we're going to the Allentown show this Saturday.  It'll be his 2nd show after seeing Maiden back in October.  Haven't seen Anthrax or Exodus since seeing them on the Among the Living/Pleasures of the Flesh tour in '87.
Scott Ian was talking about that tour last night.  I guess Celtic Frost opened?  Exodus was great as always!  And Anthrax was fantastic!  Super high energy, Joey sounded great, played a great setlist.  Except they played Only.  Super weird to hear Joey sing rhat one.

khalpin

Quote from: anthrax on January 30, 2023, 07:57:07 PM
Quote from: khalpin on January 30, 2023, 06:57:12 PMThanks for the heads up and how was it?  Didn't know they were touring.  I asked my son and he wants to go, so we're going to the Allentown show this Saturday.  It'll be his 2nd show after seeing Maiden back in October.  Haven't seen Anthrax or Exodus since seeing them on the Among the Living/Pleasures of the Flesh tour in '87.
Scott Ian was talking about that tour last night.  I guess Celtic Frost opened?  Exodus was great as always!  And Anthrax was fantastic!  Super high energy, Joey sounded great, played a great setlist.  Except they played Only.  Super weird to hear Joey sing rhat one.
Nice!  Yeah, it was Exodus and Celtic Frost opening although we got there late and missed Celtic Frost.  Not my fault, I didn't even have a drivers license.  Curious to hear Joey sing Only and super psyched for the show. 

mbw

khalpin

Quote from: mbw on April 24, 2023, 09:52:11 PMPlaylist of every video ever played on Headbangers Ball.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFGIvt16_DQYoyVuvl9Cy1vK7tE0fgFMP
Well, I got my fill of Stryper for the next 10 years.

anthrax

Quote from: khalpin on April 25, 2023, 08:05:37 AM
Quote from: mbw on April 24, 2023, 09:52:11 PMPlaylist of every video ever played on Headbangers Ball.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFGIvt16_DQYoyVuvl9Cy1vK7tE0fgFMP
Well, I got my fill of Stryper for the next 10 years.

Lotta crap because Ricky Rachtman is a tool but there are indeed some good ones in there!!