News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tame Impala US Tour 2013

Started by whatapiper, November 26, 2012, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on February 22, 2013, 05:43:00 PM
Ticket purchased, I'm in you monkeys!

:beerbang: :rawk: :beerbang: :beers: :beerbang: :rawk:

Pre-game round at Pier Park FTW....gonna be good times....

barnesy305

Quote from: mbw on February 22, 2013, 06:06:03 PM
shit sold out here quick-like.
i missed the boat.

If you have vacation days to burn, Richmond is still on sale.

sophist

Fucking incredible show.  I will report details tomorrow.    :wtu:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

whatapiper

Quote from: sophist on February 24, 2013, 12:20:48 AM
Fucking incredible show.  I will report details tomorrow.    :wtu:

excellent...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

sophist

Tame Impala
Feb 23 2013
Georgia Theatre, Athens, GA

Intro ->
Apocalypse Dreams (Extended outro) -> feedback intro >
It Is Not Meant to Be
Solitude Is Bliss  (Included instrumental jam) >
Endors Toi (Included instrumental jam) >
Music to Walk Home By
Elephant (Extended outro)*
Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind?
Feels Like We Only Go Backwards > noise intro >
Be Above It
Mind Mischief (Shortened version)
Alter Ego
Half Full Glass of Wine (Extended outro) > noise outro (band leaves stage with feedback building)
Encore:
noise intro(feedback from Full glass on wine still going) >Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control

*Atonal jam with bitches brew tease

We got into the venue just after 8pm, and held down the same spot for both the opener and Tame.  Sound was excellent for both the Growl and Tame.  Venue was packed as it was sold out.  The Growl didn't do it for me, so that made my anticipation for Tame even greater.  Tame went on just after 10pm and finished the encore at about 10:45.  Early on, Kevin mentioned the whole band had a gnarly cold, but they were battling through it.  I'll say without him mentioning it, I wouldn't have ever thought that.  The vocals sounded so pristine, and perfect.  And they were incredibly tight.  The rearrangements were very well done too.  The presentation is super psychedelic.  I have a lot of respect for the fact that they didn't spotlight anyone from the band, and the band played in darkness, which in my mind furthered the artistic merit of the psychedelic art-rock thing they had going on for the show.  The combination of projection screen and lights were perfect, and complimented the music really well.  Highlights for me were Mind Mischief, Half full glass of wine, and the crazy ass breakdown in Elephant.  It was brilliant in my mind because most of the crowd looked super fratty/soristitute-y, which in turn literally confused the fuck out of them.  You'll note the Bitches Brew tease in this, which at first, I thought was just me tripping; however, I got confirmation from the guy in front of me who was dead sober.  It was a quick tease.  Overall, I loved the show, and it was up there for me.  I def am excited about these guys playing the Tabernacle in a few months. 

Igbo

really feeling this Canyons remix of "Elephant" kind of sounds like a modern kraut rock nu-disco track.

jstepan

Quote from: sophist on February 25, 2013, 09:42:14 AM

Tame went on just after 10pm and finished the encore at about 10:45.    
so tame only played 45 min? i was thinking of hitting the show tonight but on that tip.. not really ready to pony up the $ and the rage factor..
Λ Σ Δ
to Use your head... you have to go out of your mind... Dr Tim Leary

one day we'll figure out the mathematical formula that describes the universe, then, our whole reality will dissolve and a sign will pop up that says 'level two'.

sophist

Should read 1145.  Sorry.  Including encore was a hour and forty five minutes.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sophist on March 08, 2013, 07:55:14 AM
Should read 1145.  Sorry.  Including encore was a hour and forty five minutes.

Yeah, when I read that awhile back, I was thinking you got short changed cause they played at least 1.5 hrs when I saw them in NYC.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Igbo

Getting fucking pumped for Tuesday!!!

blatboom

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: blatboom on June 14, 2013, 10:27:46 AM
Led Zeppelin opener!

Would be epic.  Hope to see these guys again soon.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.