News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 28, 2012, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

*immediately starts searching for a uni-vibe* ... that video was great!  I'm assuming part 2 will be showed tonight?

mistercharlie

Quote from: slslbs on December 29, 2012, 04:04:50 PM
Very happy with this show.
I will listen to this one several times.

this is  :phish:

:music:

This.

I relistened to the tweezerand am still very pleased with it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gumbo72203

Wow, a 3.0 Moma that's totally sick!!!  This show is full of so much win, its crazy. 

OMG THIS TWEEZER!!!!!!!!!!!   7:00 to like 10:00   PAGE PIANO PEAK!!!!!!!!!!   AHHHHHH!!!!  FUCK!!!!!!!!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

VA $l!m

Quote from: tweezerfan on December 29, 2012, 04:53:19 PM
I so wish we could ban gumbo from this forum. Fucking child.
tweezer fan-- registered march 09.
--remind me? who th hell are you again? lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

pigflu

I am very much in favor of this show - pains me that I was not there.  However...  I can't stand it that Trey seldom nails the pre-solo lead up in Theme from the Bottom, which for me, really is a needed foreplay for his solo. And here he fumbles it again.  I frankly don't get it.  He nails a ton of other set pieces, why does he so often f this up?
To Phish... the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

cactusfan

Quote from: pigflu on January 03, 2013, 08:09:40 AM
I am very much in favor of this show - pains me that I was not there.  However...  I can't stand it that Trey seldom nails the pre-solo lead up in Theme from the Bottom, which for me, really is a needed foreplay for his solo. And here he fumbles it again.  I frankly don't get it.  He nails a ton of other set pieces, why does he so often f this up?

in the entire live history of this song, he screws it up more often than he nails it.
though in 3.0 he tends to flail with it even worse than before.
i've often wondered why. is it that difficult to play?

khalpin

Quote from: cactusfan on January 03, 2013, 01:19:33 PM
Quote from: pigflu on January 03, 2013, 08:09:40 AM

in the entire live history of this song, he screws it up more often than he nails it.
though in 3.0 he tends to flail with it even worse than before.
i've often wondered why. is it that difficult to play?
Compared to other composed stuff that he pulls off regularly, no.

Gumbo72203

Its a very oddly-structured riff; its got a lot of index-and-pinkie stretching in conjunction with hitting open strings, and the thing shifts positions like 4 times. 

So, its not so much technically challenging the way YEM's intro or Reba or Fluffhead are in that theres so many arpeggios to remember and play fluidly, but rather PHYSICALLY challenging, mechanically-speaking, because of the way it's written.  Its not an "intuitive" riff at all.  Its physically super awkward to play lol. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

kellerb

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on January 05, 2013, 05:14:18 AM
Its a very oddly-structured riff; its got a lot of index-and-pinkie stretching in conjunction with hitting open strings, and the thing shifts positions like 4 times. 

So, its not so much technically challenging the way YEM's intro or Reba or Fluffhead are in that theres so many arpeggios to remember and play fluidly, but rather PHYSICALLY challenging, mechanically-speaking, because of the way it's written.  Its not an "intuitive" riff at all.  Its physically super awkward to play lol.

I agree.

on the other hand, trey should practice it so that he can get it right.

VDB

I've revisited this Tweezer a couple times the last two days. While there are a few minutes of aimlessness in the middle there, they recover from that and the last three minutes are especially divine.

The Wolfman's is fire, too.
Is this still Wombat?