News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPad for Dummy (Terry) - How do I work this thing???

Started by twatts, January 01, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

So my folks got my family an iPad4 for Xmas...

This is a thread dedicated to teaching the biggest Apple Idiot on the Planet (me) how this thing works...  Laugh and point fingers if need be...

First query:  how do I access all the tunes/photos/movies/crap we used to be able to access via iTunes/explorer from our current MS laptop?  We have our junk on an external HDD to which we connects via wifi.  How do I do the same for ipad???  Is there a Windows Explorer on this thing???

Terry

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mattstick

Accessing iTunes stuff is fairly easy... In the Videos looked for the Shared libraries.

twatts

Quote from: mattstick on January 02, 2013, 06:23:42 AM

Accessing iTunes stuff is fairly easy... In the Videos looked for the Shared libraries.

Yeah, that doesn't work for me.  I push the "Videos" icon at the bottom and get "you can DL videos form the ituens store".  Nothing else...  Have to hit The Button to Go Back...  Hitting "music" is like going shopping at iStore... 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

you better recharge your battery...

if you go into itunes on your windows device, does your ipad show up?
if not, connect with the hard wire, go into itunes, click on your ipad.
somewhere you will see a check box for "allow to sync via wifi"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

twatts

Quote from: mattstick on January 03, 2013, 06:23:47 AM
Look along the top?

How do I do a Screenshot off the iPad???

I'll show you what I got...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

mattstick

front button + top button, it will appear in your Camera Roll

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I think Terry may need to Turn On Home Sharing on his i-Devices

mattstick

twatts

Quote from: antelope19 on January 04, 2013, 06:13:42 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 04, 2013, 05:59:18 PM

Yep. Same as your iphone

OK, that worked.  Now I just need to figure out how to email it to myself on the PC so I can post it here...

I turned on Home Sharing on the Laptop (the only machine with iTunes), but I'm not sure what that did...  My main PC in the house (this one) doesn't have iTunes (I don't use it here at home), but my wife does on her lappy, which connects to the HDD via the network>main pc>shared external HDD.

Does that matter???

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

twatts

Quote from: mattstick on January 04, 2013, 10:46:25 PM

The iTunes on the iPad doesn't have the 'iTunes>File>Edit>View>Control>Store>Window>$>Help' bar at the top...  How do I get that turned on??? 

Terry "iDiot" Watts

----------------------

I want super-human will

mistercharlie

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 04, 2013, 11:42:11 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on January 04, 2013, 06:13:42 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 04, 2013, 05:59:18 PM

Yep. Same as your iphone

OK, that worked.  Now I just need to figure out how to email it to myself on the PC so I can post it here...

I turned on Home Sharing on the Laptop (the only machine with iTunes), but I'm not sure what that did...  My main PC in the house (this one) doesn't have iTunes (I don't use it here at home), but my wife does on her lappy, which connects to the HDD via the network>main pc>shared external HDD.

Does that matter???

Terry

After you've taken a screenshot you can go to you Photos and there will be an option in theupper right corner to email the photo.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 04, 2013, 11:43:57 PM

The iTunes on the iPad doesn't have the 'iTunes>File>Edit>View>Control>Store>Window>$>Help' bar at the top...  How do I get that turned on??? 

Terry "iDiot" Watts

Settings > Music > Home Sharing

Once Home Sharing is turned on across your iDevices you'll be able to access everything.

twatts

Quote from: mattstick on January 05, 2013, 09:57:22 AM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 04, 2013, 11:43:57 PM

Terry "iDiot" Watts

Settings > Music > Home Sharing

Once Home Sharing is turned on across your iDevices you'll be able to access everything.

Yeah, that doesn't work... 

It is just a $500 device to lure people into buying garbage from the iTunes Store...  I can't even listen to any of my music without hooking it up to my PC.  Why the fuck would I do that, why not just listen to the music through the PC?!? 

I fucking hate this thing...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will