News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/03 - Darling's Waterfront Pavilion - Bangor, ME - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Buffalo Budd, July 03, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: Undermind on July 04, 2013, 09:19:37 PM
Quote from: mehead on July 04, 2013, 08:59:57 PM
Quote from: Undermind on July 04, 2013, 07:27:24 PM
@susep and @mehead - really wanted to catch up with you guys but knew it would be tough with not going on the jaunt cruise.  Hopefully we'll catch up sometime soon.

No worries bro.  I lost susep as soon as we got into the field.  Never saw him during the show. Hope you had a good time mang!
Yeah I spent a good portion of set 1 on my own which is perfectly fine.  Hard getting ahold of people with the cell service the way it was.
try streaming through your cell phone with that service.   :evil:
it was definitely beat
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

birdman

The ride up was akin to running a gauntlet of state police speed traps. 68 in a 65 was pushing it apparently.
Thanks for the anxiety Maine state Police.
Bangor, however,  was very welcoming and fan friendly.
The show was meh.  Liked the 1st set better.
I had a great time. Lots of fun hanging with the Paug throughout the night.
Looking forward to this weekend
Paug FTMFW!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on July 04, 2013, 09:37:42 PM
The ride up was akin to running a gauntlet of state police speed traps. 68 in a 65 was pushing it apparently.

SER! I actually got pulled over on the way up with emay.... for not wearing my seatbelt..... which I WAS actually wearing.

Ended up escaping unharmed but that shit was terrifying. With what we were holding in the car... that could have gone very bad...
Bring in the dude!

DoW

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 04, 2013, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: birdman on July 04, 2013, 09:37:42 PM

SER! I actually got pulled over on the way up with emay.... for not wearing my seatbelt..... which I WAS actually wearing.

Ended up escaping unharmed but that shit was terrifying. With what we were holding in the car... that could have gone very bad...
so glad we went up tuesday night.
I played my first round of disc golf wednesday mornign in brewster, a few miles from the venue.
it was nice to have a stress free day yesterday.
glad everyone got there with no issues though.  :-D
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

WhatstheUse?

Things that may or may or may not have been mentioned yet:

- Mike's new haircut is ridiculous

- Sounded like both Mike and Page got some new toys/effects.  Loved the voxbox thingamajig Page used during Hood.

- Did anyone else here experience weird sound issues last night? Sounded like there were huge boosts/cuts in volume throughout the night... perhaps even some of the speakers were cutting in and out (?)  Not sure if it was the band or venue but sound was not great for me.  Trey was almost inaudible for some of the loud peaks.. ie. the end of Antelope

- Last short bit of Rock & Roll was some pretty cool "ambient jamming" sort of stuff I though. yeah... it was only like 30 second.... but it was cool!
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Gundo

sophist

Second set is better.  It's a fairly standard Golden Age imo.  Doesn't venture off into new territory.  It does sound good though.  Rest of the set is standard 3.0.  I am interested to see what happens this weekend. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

mkdevo's got basically the whole show up on youtube, with great footage as usual

btw, I'm digging the new light set up
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Insert Beer

Quote from: gah on July 05, 2013, 10:26:38 AM
mkdevo's got basically the whole show up on youtube, with great footage as usual

btw, I'm digging the new light set up

New lights are DEFINITELY cool. I like when only the backdrop is lit and the band is just silhouetted. Very cool. Treys playing seemed very timid in the few songs I heard from the show (Mikes groove and Antelope). Parts of that Antelope were good however. After initial negative reviews and then actually hearing a bit I'm still positive. Might even buy the webcast for tonight.

sls.stormyrider

Trey has been timid for about 4 years now.

I'll reserve judgement until after the weekend, but I still think that if they're not gonna spend as much time in the shed as they used to (or as they should), then it would be worth cutting back a bit on the song selections and play them better.
But then, I'm only going to 2 shows. Those who are going to 5+ might feel different.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

Quote from: slslbs on July 05, 2013, 08:27:25 PM
Trey has been timid for about 4 years now.

I'll reserve judgement until after the weekend, but I still think that if they're not gonna spend as much time in the shed as they used to (or as they should), then it would be worth cutting back a bit on the song selections and play them better.
But then, I'm only going to 2 shows. Those who are going to 5+ might feel different.

if ur refering to practicing here, then i really got to ask to those that might know better than me--but in the pbs interview the other day Trey stated post hiatus he had become 'addicted to practicing'.

i thought the consensus was that they were not practicing much at all and definitely less than pre hiatus.
so,  is Trey just lying? or is the less-practicing criticism just mostly bad rumor?

curious...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

I haven't seen the interview yet. 1st show is tonight. I'll get back to you
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."