News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/06 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by aphineday, July 06, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 10, 2013, 01:55:32 PM
A jam with 70% meandering and 30% payoff is highly reminiscent of most of 93-95 Tweezers anyway

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Hicks

Quote from: DoW on July 10, 2013, 03:51:56 PM
Hicks is new favorite poster on post show review threads.

I think you're too critical but you exceed my expectations in humor.  :clap:

Heh, happy to provide some in between shows entertainment!    :wtu:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2013, 02:25:53 PM
There's a big difference between meandering/searching for a new idea and off key whale poop.

nailed it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

such a blue balled bail on that tweezer.  i was really digging it for a brief shiny moment.
soam was pretty much 4 guys playing entirely different jams.
carini was ...... ok.

Play_It_Leo

watched  the live feed from the  show,  but I've only re listened to  set 1  so far.  Most was meh.  tube was fun.  hated the Melt as it was happening, I  thought maybe Trey was confused and playing a different song.  on  the 2nd time through,  there were moments of complete disarray,  but it worked better than I  initially thought.  Trey really only sounded completely off for a couple minutes,  outside of that,  there was an attempt at a different sound...  when the past 4  years have sounded basically the same,  I'll take it as a plus,  even if the results weren't spectacular.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Marmar

I really like the major key jamming in Carini.....taking an otherwise dark tune and jamming it in a "happier" tone and shifting gears was refreshing.

Someone needs to hop on stage and unplug Trey's whammy pedal......and then smash it....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mehead

So I gave SOAM another spin. Not as much of a disaster as my first listen but I still don't get all the hype for this.  Yes, they take out there but it still does absolutely nothing for me.  Oh well, I tried.  Moving on....
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

I'm baffled by some of the sound issues in this vid. I assume there are the LP SBDs, right?

For ex: Where is the clav when Page is soloing at around 17:40. You can barely hear it! WTF?!

I think bvaz mentioned something about the drums being too high in the mix, which I agree with as well.
Bring in the dude!