News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/12 - Jones Beach Amphitheatre - Wantagh, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mbw, July 12, 2013, 11:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I really don't get why it would come back like this after being mostly gone for two years.

Anyway, Tweezer> Cities was actually really good, Page was coming with it fierce at the end of Tweezer and the segue was pretty legit. 

I dug the Bowie jam too, even if the ending was sketchball city. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Undermind

It is odd that the whale has made such a comeback.  I'm just saying that I doubt it is going anywhere.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

shoreline99

I'm surprised at the resurgence of the whale. After seeing TAB a few times where the whale was nowhere to be found, blam.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

DoW

Quote from: shoreline99 on July 14, 2013, 06:03:49 PM
I'm surprised at the resurgence of the whale. After seeing TAB a few times where the whale was nowhere to be found, blam.
too easy  :evil:

you all are a bunch of haters.  :wink:
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

aphineday

I'll tell you this, I try to give each show as much of a fair shake as I possibly can.
This 2nd set works pretty well for me, I've actually enjoyed most of it, and that makes me happy. It seems like they (Trey) might be trying to jam a little bit, and that's a far cry from last year.
Last year may hold some of my least favorite Phish memories of shows ever, and I hate that.
This isn't them at their prime, but it's definitely much better than shitting out non-jammed shows.
That said, I'm like one ill-placed Show Of Life from changing my statement completely.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Funny, I'd say last year was really the first time I saw them taking a chance at jamming on a more regular basis since '09.

This year has been a disappointing start, imo.  I dont get the return of the whale either...
Bring in the dude!

aphineday

Yeah, I don't really get the whale return either, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as others.
I'm more concerned about them actually jamming.
As for last year, I probably need to take a re-listen to some stuff, I'm probably basing my opinion too much on a run of bad (IMO) shows I actually saw. 2012 was probably better overall than '09. The '09 shows possibly hold better memories for me because Phish was back, and that was better than no Phish.

mehead

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 14, 2013, 07:07:10 PM
Funny, I'd say last year was really the first time I saw them taking a chance at jamming on a more regular basis since '09.

THIS

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Hicks

Quote from: aphineday on July 14, 2013, 07:16:31 PM
Yeah, I don't really get the whale return either, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as others.
I'm more concerned about them actually jamming.
As for last year, I probably need to take a re-listen to some stuff, I'm probably basing my opinion too much on a run of bad (IMO) shows I actually saw. 2012 was probably better overall than '09. The '09 shows possibly hold better memories for me because Phish was back, and that was better than no Phish.

2012 gets rated highly because the Dicks shows are still relatively fresh in everyone's memories, and it's pretty well settled that the Fuck Your Face show was at least a top three 3.0 show if not the undisputed numero uno and then 9/1 has the epic Light. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: aphineday on July 14, 2013, 06:25:46 PM
I'll tell you this, I try to give each show as much of a fair shake as I possibly can.
This 2nd set works pretty well for me, I've actually enjoyed most of it, and that makes me happy. It seems like they (Trey) might be trying to jam a little bit, and that's a far cry from last year.
Last year may hold some of my least favorite Phish memories of shows ever, and I hate that.
This isn't them at their prime, but it's definitely much better than shitting out non-jammed shows.
That said, I'm like one ill-placed Show Of Life from changing my statement completely.
Any Show of Life is ill placed
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

aphineday

Everything gets remedied for me if there is just one show were we get a Show Of Life>Architect.

gah

Quote from: slslbs on July 14, 2013, 10:22:00 PM
Quote from: aphineday on July 14, 2013, 06:25:46 PM
Any Show of Life is ill placed

truth  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

Tweezer>Cities>The Wedge is the real deal.

Page, Mike, and Fish are spot on and continue to hold my interest every time.
I like Trey's solo in the Tweezer jam. I especially like the way he uses his effects.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Quote from: slslbs on July 15, 2013, 05:12:23 PM
Tweezer>Cities>The Wedge is the real deal.

Yep. Tweezer jam started off a little pedestrian but I think it ended on a high note; the segues and rhythmic playfulness in Cities were $$.
Is this still Wombat?