News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/26 - The Gorge Amphitheater - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by pcr3, July 27, 2013, 03:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrillhouse

Havent had a chance to listen yet but I always get excited by C&P second sets.

And there seems to be a Zero actually worth listening to....
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

McGrupp

Looks pretty fucking solid to me.

Is it weird that I'm starting to not hate Twenty Years Later?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Thrillhouse

Quote from: McGrupp on July 27, 2013, 04:29:08 PM

Yes
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mbw

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on July 27, 2013, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on July 27, 2013, 04:29:49 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 27, 2013, 04:29:08 PM

Yes

best song on joy.

I'm back and forth on that tune.

I didn't hate listening to it today.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mbw

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

This show was the sickness, definitely my favorite of the two, although last night crushed too. 

I need to listen again, but I thought they nailed the return to the Split theme and I can't say I remember the last time they've pulled that off. 

I mean on a night when even the big Zer0 delivers and a Hood encore gets a bonus Fire you know the boys weren't fucking around. 

I'm not saying THEY ARE FUCKING BACK, but um. . .   

they might be back.

j/k

kinda

I need sleep. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Also, if you would have told me I'd be seeing a McGrupp> Curtis Loew, I would have kicked you in the nuts in disbelief. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on July 29, 2013, 11:56:18 AM
Also, if you would have told me I'd be seeing a McGrupp> Curtis Loew, I would have kicked you in the nuts in disbelief.

yeah this is probably what hurts me the most about missin the gorge run. fuckin love mcgrupps and missed the past 2  :frustrated:

Mr. Natural

I couldn't believe how many songs they fit into the first set. SPLIT OPEN & MELT took me all over the place.
I'd been having a hankering for TWIST for the week leading up to the show, so I was pretty stoked on that.
This is where I started getting into the can-rock-concerts-effect-nature  :-o spookishness. There was already one fire on the ride up (nothing but mapquest printout = 3-hour re-route!); then another fire across the gorge on the other side once we got there, then they encore with FIRE. Saturday night, the gorge [the actual gorge, not the venue] was filling up with smoke and it was still blazing. By the time we left on Sunday you could barely see the other side of the Gorge and the sunlight was taking on a muted quality. Clearly, fire season and lack of rainfall and 96-degree temps are all that is needed to start a fire - but  :phish: doesn't need to encourage things, either. These re-routed Gorge commutes are startin' to cost me!
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Natural on July 29, 2013, 07:46:30 PM
I couldn't believe how many songs they fit into the first set. SPLIT OPEN & MELT took me all over the place.
I'd been having a hankering for TWIST for the week leading up to the show, so I was pretty stoked on that.
This is where I started getting into the can-rock-concerts-effect-nature  :-o spookishness. There was already one fire on the ride up (nothing but mapquest printout = 3-hour re-route!); then another fire across the gorge on the other side once we got there, then they encore with FIRE. Saturday night, the gorge [the actual gorge, not the venue] was filling up with smoke and it was still blazing. By the time we left on Sunday you could barely see the other side of the Gorge and the sunlight was taking on a muted quality. Clearly, fire season and lack of rainfall and 96-degree temps are all that is needed to start a fire - but  :phish: doesn't need to encourage things, either. These re-routed Gorge commutes are startin' to cost me!

Should have taken the 12 to I-5, it only added like a half hour.