News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bear Creek 2013

Started by gah, August 15, 2013, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: gah on November 20, 2013, 07:57:17 AM
Times were had. They were good.

Lookin' good fellas.  :mrgreen:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

JPhishman

Love this pic GAH! Didn't hang with you nearly enough buddy but if this photo says anything its that the funk has got us.

Quote from: notkuroda on November 20, 2013, 08:49:38 AM
whaddup JP? Bear Creek 4 eva!!!

No joke dude. I don't see myself missing this festival anytime soon. Couldn't have put together a lineup that suits my taste more. Epic venue. RVs, golf carts, camp fires and river outings. Just straight up crushing it.

My highlights were Bootsy, Jen Hartswick's Sunday set, KDTU on Friday. Also, Dumpstaphunk continues to blow me away no matter how many times I see them. Ron Haynes anybody?!

In the immortal words of Bootsy Collins, "Everything good is nasty!"

:beers:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

PIE-GUY

Our buddy Jeffrey just posted 100 bear creek pics on fb.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PG on November 23, 2013, 02:21:23 AM

Cool! Yeah I hung with him for a bit one night, and we talked about the GPJ you got me. Didn't know you had to re-matte it! I really need to post a pic of that, been meaning to for awhile now.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on November 23, 2013, 10:12:44 AM

Cool! Yeah I hung with him for a bit one night, and we talked about the GPJ you got me. Didn't know you had to re-matte it! I really need to post a pic of that, been meaning to for awhile now.

Yeah, I reached out to him on fb and got him to send a new matte. He was super cool about it. The first one was crushed horribly in shipping. Luckily the photo was fine.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PG on November 23, 2013, 10:18:47 AM
Quote from: gah on November 23, 2013, 10:12:44 AM

Yeah, I reached out to him on fb and got him to send a new matte. He was super cool about it. The first one was crushed horribly in shipping. Luckily the photo was fine.

Yeah, he's a cool cat for sure.

Also, i don't know when that pic was taken, but like Phish, Bear Creek is clearly ser biz!  :samurai:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

gah

emay

I guess ill leave this here since there isnt a 2014 one

JPhishman

It was a truly amazing weekend. I've seen Taz play several times this year and this time he had improved so much it really blew me away. To be 11 years old and seriously holding your own on stage with Kraz or jamming with Dumpstaphunk is just insane. The first couple times I saw this kid it felt like novelty, but now he's just straight up killing it.
My favorite sets were the Dumpstajam, The Nth Power (x2), Break Science with the Talib Kweli & Shady Horns and The Heard played a crazy sit-laden set Saturday night as well as the afterparty on Sunday after the stages we're done.

Nicholas Payton trio was killer as well. Dude plays the Rhodes and the trumpet at the same time.

Bear creek is really an incredible festival and Spirit of the Suwannee is really the best festival site you could imagine. It was my third and counting. The third leg of my third trifecta in fact. Trifecta cubed! So much funk. It's a beautiful thing.

gah

been checking footage today. sad i missed it for the first time in 5 years.  :shakehead:

I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago. They had to run some tests to find out what was wrong with me. I've been waiting for the results, and have been feeling really weak lately. Not sure what was going on. Really just run down, fatigued, just not myself. Anyhow, they called me back just a little while ago, and turns out my levels of funk are low. I've been prescribed bear creek videos until I can get in to see a funk doctor in person. They just don't have that many around here though. Pray for me.

gah

No Bear Creek this year  :cry:

I'm thinking that's probably it for the fest altogether honestly.

QuoteDear Bear Creek family,

It is with heavy hearts we must announce that Bear Creek Music & Art Festival 2015 has been canceled. Bear Creek was one of the top boutique festivals in the US, and a primary reason it has been so special is because of YOU, our dedicated fans. We spent eight amazing years together filled with beautiful music, dancing, laughter and celebration, and those memories will always live on. In hopes of producing the best possible event for everyone involved, we switched our dates and tried to diversify our lineup to keep things fresh. Unfortunately, things just were not working out in our favor this year and we were not willing to let the show go on unless everything was absolutely perfect. All ticket purchasers will be refunded from point of purchase.

Much love,
The entire Bear Creek staff

Buffalo Budd

That sucks gah, that seemed like a pretty cool fest and pretty close to you iirc.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

JPhishman

Man this blows. Looks like this will be the first year since we started going that we won't be visiting SOSMP. Such a amazing place. Once Paul left we figured it was the beginning of the end. As it turns out it was just the end. Good on him for moving on and putting together a bangin Hulaween lineup. It will be a huge fest in years to come. There will never be another like BC though. Pouring some out for the funk tonight at Bootsy's Rubber Band.  :cry:

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 24, 2015, 12:09:41 PM
That sucks gah, that seemed like a pretty cool fest and pretty close to you iirc.

Well, it was a 12 hour ride south, so not physically close, but yes, close to my heart. HA! Did 4 of the 8 they held. Had a lot of special times at this festival with good friends, and some pretty magical musical moments too. It def had that nola vibe with musicians always sitting in with one another. This was one of my favorites, with Stanton hanging side stage and getting pulled up to sit in with Anders Osborne, GPJr, and Billy Iuso for Sugaree.

gah

Quote from: JPhishman on June 24, 2015, 12:18:51 PM
Man this blows. Looks like this will be the first year since we started going that we won't be visiting SOSMP. Such a amazing place. Once Paul left we figured it was the beginning of the end. As it turns out it was just the end. Good on him for moving on and putting together a bangin Hulaween lineup. It will be a huge fest in years to come. There will never be another like BC though. Pouring some out for the funk tonight at Bootsy's Rubber Band.  :cry:

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that about Paul, and being concerned about it's future without him.. But I was thinking the same about that with SOSMP being such a great place. I'll still be going back there. Hulaween, Magnolia Fest, Wannee, Spring Fest...lots of options for the future. But Bear Creek was it for me man. That just fit my soul.