News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/30 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver, Co - Post-show Discussion and Review

Started by barnesy305, August 31, 2013, 02:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 31, 2013, 09:52:59 AM
Quote from: mbw on August 31, 2013, 09:36:12 AM
fish indeed was the mvp last night.
mike was strugglin'.

Don't hear that often around here.

What was the scarf situation?

t-shirt and no jeans.  no scarf.  i think you have figured it out.

i'm basing my assessment only kinda hearing half the show, so grain of salt.
he stopped playing more than once that i saw though, and looked confused.
trey has that effect on people though.

rowjimmy

Quote from: barnesy305 on August 31, 2013, 10:03:23 AM
mike was strugglin'.

Scarfless, which could have been a factor. They had a chance at something organic and interesting when Fishman found a nice cashmere scarf in a shop that afternoon but Trey kept pushing for Goretex and Mike was put out by the artificial feel on his neck. He just couldn't find the right cotton/poly blend so he went without...

FYP

DoW

Quote from: mbw on August 31, 2013, 10:04:38 AM
mike was strugglin'.

t-shirt and no jeans.  no scarf.  i think you have figured it out.

i'm basing my assessment only kinda hearing half the show, so grain of salt.
he stopped playing more than once that i saw though, and looked confused.
trey has that effect on people though.
I think he kept trying to figure out what the setlist spelled and didn't know it was being spelled backwards.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Lifeboy

Quote from: EdBanky on August 31, 2013, 04:49:21 AM
Quote from: Lifeboy on August 31, 2013, 04:18:34 AM
Not bummed about missing this one.

At all.

:|

... of course, I won't tell that to my friends that went. However, I'm sure I will regret missing something at some point this weekend.
You do realize that most of your friends that went are members on this site, right?

I have more than 3 friends that went to these shows...

and I feel like you 3 can handle the criticism, being avid members of a phish discussion forum...
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Insert Beer

Quote from: PG on August 31, 2013, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: slslbs on August 31, 2013, 08:04:47 AM
I miss Lowell, almost as much as I miss Jerry and Duane

This.

Also:

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 31, 2013, 08:25:59 AM
Fishman's drums sound really great. 

I only caught Icculus through Sand last night and haven't listened to the rest yet, but Fish was on fire. He was playing creative shit different from usual.  Especially in Stash.  That whole section where he's playing Tom toms is freakin great.

Yes I remember really digging that...Fish IS the namesake afterall...good to see him stepping up his game a little more.

DoW

listened through it all (well, I skipped heavy things and took as much of silent as I could before skipping).
no hood ending but a nice segue into silent.
ocelot is not my favorite song but clearly trey is comfortable playing it and he knows how to handle it.
ghost was decent
sand was good.    I like that WOTC seems to be getting more more in the rotation (better than using wading in that slot  :lol: )
fairly standard for a 3.0 show imo.  good.  probably forget about most of it by the time the weekend is over.  may give the sand a few more listens.

GBL

Average great phish

Also,

A potent combination of "Punch > Sand" injected the main event with a primal tone, and as soon as the band dove into "Sand's" jam, things got staight buck wild. From its first lick, this jam had "All-Star" written all over it, and by the end of some of the most exhilarating groove-based interplay of the year, it was a first ballot hall of famer. Veering out of structure into a scintillating passage of soul candy, the guys scripted a keeper that sits among the upper echelon of the year's offerings—awe-inspiring music by a band that can do no wrong
If this is love, I'm never going home..

DoW

Quote from: GBL on August 31, 2013, 01:25:47 PM
Average great phish

Also,

A potent combination of "Punch > Sand" injected the main event with a primal tone, and as soon as the band dove into "Sand's" jam, things got staight buck wild. From its first lick, this jam had "All-Star" written all over it, and by the end of some of the most exhilarating groove-based interplay of the year, it was a first ballot hall of famer. Veering out of structure into a scintillating passage of soul candy, the guys scripted a keeper that sits among the upper echelon of the year's offerings—awe-inspiring music by a band that can do no wrong
if it was not for your great avatar, I would have assumed that last paragraph was written by gumbo.

gainesvillegreen

Average great phish

Also,

Buck wild?
Soul candy?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

jasonsobel

Quote from: DoW on August 31, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
Average great phish

Also,

if it was not for your great avatar, I would have assumed that last paragraph was written by gumbo.

you should have assumed that that paragraph was written by Mr. Miner.  because it was.
http://phishthoughts.com/2013/08/31/a-step-ahead/
sing me back home before I die

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 31, 2013, 08:33:20 PM
Quote from: DoW on August 31, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
Average great phish

Also,

you should have assumed that that paragraph was written by Mr. Miner.  because it was.
http://phishthoughts.com/2013/08/31/a-step-ahead/

Pretty safe assumption.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

DoW

Ha. I'm a freaking idiot. Nice work gbl
I guess I lost the gumbo vs  mr miner contest,

Marmar

QuoteLaying off all their major jam vehicles, the band has set up two filthy, action-packed shows for the next two nights, and something tells me one of them will be the show of the year.

That has to be the LARGEST steaming pile of poo I've read yet from minor.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

sls.stormyrider

one of them may in fact be the show of the year - but that isn't saying too much
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-