News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/31 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver, Co - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by PIE-GUY, September 01, 2013, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

cactusfan

i kinda thought that overall, the Chalkdust got a little boring in places. they find some nice grooves, then stick with them for an awfully long time.

but also---what the fuck happened to Fishman? he's playing like a man possessed in this song. it's insane. this is the only song i've checked out from this run. is he playing like this the whole time?

Undermind

Quote from: cactusfan on September 03, 2013, 01:42:29 AM
i kinda thought that overall, the Chalkdust got a little boring in places. they find some nice grooves, then stick with them for an awfully long time.

but also---what the fuck happened to Fishman? he's playing like a man possessed in this song. it's insane. this is the only song i've checked out from this run. is he playing like this the whole time?
to these ears he is.  Maybe he is back on the juice :)
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

emay

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2013, 09:27:10 PM
There is so much awesome in this Chalkdust.

this.
they sounded good playin together throughout the three nights, but really this chalkdust is the only thing I am gonna take away from the this weekend and actually listen to couple more times.

mehead

Quote from: cactusfan on September 03, 2013, 01:42:29 AM

I have to agree 100% after giving this my first listen.  I will give it a proper re-listen soon but honestly.... :tte:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

after re listening to it a couple times, there are some nice jams in the chalkdust. but other parts, pretty meh, lotta filler in this but there is also some peaks and jams that make it worth a listen.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: pcr3 on September 01, 2013, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 01, 2013, 09:52:39 AM
Quote from: PG on September 01, 2013, 09:45:23 AM
Quote from: mbw on September 01, 2013, 08:16:32 AM
Quote from: GBL on September 01, 2013, 06:22:44 AM
2001 saved the second set..

Halfway to the moon might be my favorite

Chalkdust is obvious, and was a little disappointed with light.. I liked it in that slot but it really didn't deliver

no one cares. how was the jaunt?!?

Ser!!!

The Jaunt was super serious, I only made it to the second set (Hard getting out of the venue) but it was a PACKED house.  People loved it though, and were getting down in a serious fashion.  Very loud and very into it. 
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mattstick

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

What's clear to many is that we've reached a place with Phish in 2013 where they're just as good as they once were in their hallowed days of the '90's.

:tte:

Lifeboy

Quote from: susep on September 06, 2013, 05:47:07 PM
What's clear to many is that we've reached a place with Phish in 2013 where they're just as good as they once were in their hallowed days of the '90's.

LOL
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

That article reaks of bs.

2013 has been the weakest year of 3.0 in my opinion. I saw 11 shows and pretty much only walked away with the Tahoe Tweezer and that bums me out!
Bring in the dude!

GBL

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 07, 2013, 02:28:19 PM
That article reaks of bs.

2013 has been the weakest year of 3.0 in my opinion. I saw 11 shows and pretty much only walked away with the Tahoe Tweezer and that bums me out!

I've seen 9 this year and CHI3 set 2 is my fav.. if that says anything :/
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

Quote from: Lifeboy on September 06, 2013, 06:16:24 PM
Quote from: susep on September 06, 2013, 05:47:07 PM

LOL
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged