News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/31 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver, Co - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by PIE-GUY, September 01, 2013, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: Marmar on September 16, 2013, 03:33:59 PM
EVERY...and I mean EVERY worthy jam they have ever played has that total group gear shift at one point in the song that takes it to the next level of type II and beyond.

I dare you to find one that doesn't have one. My ears are trained on it at every show....to listen for that group shift.....cuz when it happens, BLISS.

I agree and I feel that's what I'm hearing/feeling in this CDT.   And I think that may be why so many 3.0 jams seem lacking a lot of the time in that it's often only 3/4 of the band that's locked in and you fail to achieve a true launch into hoseville.

VDB

Best modern Gin I've heard in a while. Dare I say things get hose-y by the end of this one.
Is this still Wombat?

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 19, 2013, 09:00:58 AM
Best modern Gin I've heard in a while. Dare I say things get hose-y by the end of this one.

I do love the energy build in this Gin - it's a keeper.

VDB

I'm finally listening to On the Road Again. What a nice lil treat. I woulda loved to have seen that.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 07, 2013, 02:28:19 PM
That article reaks of bs.

2013 has been the weakest year of 3.0 in my opinion. I saw 11 shows and pretty much only walked away with the Tahoe Tweezer and that bums me out!

This made me LOL....what planet are you from?

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 24, 2013, 09:21:12 PM

2013 has been the weakest year of 3.0 in my opinion. I saw 11 shows and pretty much only walked away with the Tahoe Tweezer and that bums me out!

Other than the short, late Summer run, I thought 2010 was the weakest of all of them.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

WhatstheUse?

I did make that post before fall tour and my opinion would probably change since the fall shows.....

I wasn't very excited about most of the summer shows I saw though (Bangor, SPAC, Gorge, Tahoe, SF)..... So thats what my comment was based on.  I preferred the SPAC, Gorge and Tahoe runs from past years over 2013.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 24, 2013, 10:35:28 PM

I did make that post before fall tour and my opinion would probably change since the fall shows.....

I wasn't very excited about most of the summer shows I saw though (Bangor, SPAC, Gorge, Tahoe, SF)..... So thats what my comment was based on.  I preferred the SPAC, Gorge and Tahoe runs from past years over 2013.

Just flipping you shit... :wink:

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 24, 2013, 10:50:08 PM

Didn't think the playing at "tour opener" SPAC '13 was close to "tour closer" SPAC '12.....but AC '13 was light years better than anything I personally caught in '12, let alone since they've been back. That said, I haven't seen too many 3.0 shows.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 25, 2013, 03:13:50 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 24, 2013, 10:50:08 PM

Didn't think the playing at "tour opener" SPAC '13 was close to "tour closer" SPAC '12.....but AC '13 was light years better than anything I personally caught in '12, let alone since they've been back. That said, I haven't seen too many 3.0 shows.

Tahoe was a turning point this year.

Augustus

rowjimmy

Augustus

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

fall tour def redeemed this year for phish.
tahoe tweezer opened the door of exploration. lets see what happens at new years.