News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/18 - Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by DoW, October 19, 2013, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

I liked the show for the most part. Being in that room is special in its own right.

The carini was the obvious highlight. the stash was nice and roggae had a nice peak.

Flow was weird but I had a good time. I was also high as a freakin' bat so...there goes any sort of credibility for this 'review'
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 19, 2013, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: PG on October 19, 2013, 09:56:45 AM
Got this texted to me by lope19. Just saw it this morning. But I will say this, I caught a little of the webcast last night (phish inc. locked down the streamers pretty tight), and I definitely saw some of my famous Mothership balloons floating around. Good job, kids!

Ha, I think I totally saw lope take that picture. Skins shirt right Neely? Thought that coulda been you but wasn't in a position to grab you.

Yep, that was me. It's actually a Soulive shirt, but def looks like a skins shirt. We should def. catch up tonight!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

There were 2-3 spots last night throughout the show where I thought the crowd was ready to explode, you could really feel it, but the band killed it with bouncin, 20 Years Later and velvet sea
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mbw

Quote from: antelope19 on October 19, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
There were 2-3 spots last night throughout the show where I thought the crowd was ready to explode, you could really feel it, but the band killed it with bouncin, 20 Years Later and velvet sea

sMILEy

Set list seemed ok in my opinion, gave it a listen and highlights for me were probably Carini and Antelope.
I'm sure everyone there had a great time, as always!
Tonight i'm gona stay in and follow.
Good start to Fall, still wishing i made the trek down  :cry:

mattstick

blatboom

sMILEy

Buffalo Budd

$20 says he was back for more the next night.
That's the crazy part to me, if I felt that way about a show, there's no way I'd be going back for more.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Everybody knows that Hampton 2004 was the worst show of all time.

Friday was way better than that.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

DoW

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 20, 2013, 09:53:16 AM
That's the crazy part to me, if I felt that way about a show, there's no way I'd be going back for more.
I also wouldn't take the time to type all that out.
I didn't read past a few lines.  If I disliked something that much, I'd just go find something I did like.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

rowjimmy

Quote from: DoW on October 20, 2013, 10:43:48 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 20, 2013, 09:53:16 AM
I also wouldn't take the time to type all that out.
I didn't read past a few lines.  If I disliked something that much, I'd just go find something I did like.

This is why I don't review albums that I hate.
Why bother pumping more negative into the air?

mattstick

I think/hope it's satire.  Like the ying to Mr. Miner's yang.