News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/18 - Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by DoW, October 19, 2013, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2013, 11:48:14 AM
"Carini"... Dudes, I don't really know how but this was my first "Carini". WHAT THE FUCK?

they are good, aren't they?

:rawk:

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

RJ, definitely my favourite review of any of the shows thus far.  :clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

antelope19

That sh** is so awesome.  I remember looking over at UncleEb and just shaking my head in amazement.  I honestly didn't know they could still do it up like that. 

antelope19

I just noticed, but what is that tube that comes out next to Page's mic?  You can see it pretty clearly at the 6:10 mark.  I'm guessing it's hooked up to his personal stash of aged bourbon for when he wants the occasional nip. 

mbw

Quote from: antelope19 on October 24, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
I just noticed, but what is that tube that comes out next to Page's mic?  You can see it pretty clearly at the 6:10 mark.  I'm guessing it's hooked up to his personal stash of aged bourbon for when he wants the occasional nip.

its the frampton doohickey.  pay attention.

mattstick

VDB

I feel like he's used it on Suzy this past summer? Or something of a funky/rocking sort.

It definitely needs to come out during some fucked-up abstract jam like he's done with the theremin.

eta: Fine review there, RJ.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

That Carini was fine and dandy but I was expecting something more, why, I don't know.  Mostly just a basic I > IV jam with some real nice Trey melodies on top. I dug the last couple minuets of funkiess fo sho.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2013, 04:43:42 PM
That Carini was fine and dandy but I was expecting something more, why, I don't know.  Mostly just a basic I > IV jam with some real nice Trey melodies on top. I dug the last couple minuets of funkiess fo sho.

Fuck yer expectations.

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2013, 04:43:42 PM

sidenote: you should have a song of this title.

but this too:

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2013, 04:49:20 PM

Fuck yer expectations.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on October 24, 2013, 04:22:35 PM

It's a Talk Box.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/audio-music/talk-box.htm

But I can't think of what he uses it in.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Still would've been better if it offered him a drink whenever he wanted it, IMO.