News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/29 - Reading, PA - Santander Arena - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, October 29, 2013, 11:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: Insert Beer on October 30, 2013, 08:28:04 AM
I can't freaking believe how consistently good this tour is. Bravo Phish.

I'll give credit where credit is due.  They have def. stepped up their game this fall. 

That said, I have def. been a little surprised with the lack of Gamehendge material thus far.   coincidence?  I think not!   :evil:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

Quote from: antelope19 on October 30, 2013, 08:34:43 AM
Quote from: Insert Beer on October 30, 2013, 08:28:04 AM
I can't freaking believe how consistently good this tour is. Bravo Phish.

I'll give credit where credit is due.  They have def. stepped up their game this fall. 

That said, I have def. been a little surprised with the lack of Gamehendge material thus far.   coincidence?  I think not!   :evil:

The lack of Gamehendge material is majorly intriguing, especially I know they were considering it back in August. BAlso, taper420 stream was baller last night. Sounded so sick.

VDB

I listened to the SOAMelt on the drive in this morning. Really enjoyed that. Hard to tell whether the fizzle out into Julius was painful or not given the long pause on the Live Phish app.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

20 years later got serious
anyone hear the 'i know you rider' sounding jam in 20 YL or it might be in piper.

I remember hearing a distinct Rider peak last night during one of the jams.

overall awesome show.
fun was had.
more when my brain is working properly.

antelope19

Legit DWD is legit.  WOW!

I'm not hearing the ABB teases that everyone was talking about, but man, this version is beyond solid.  Even the transition/fade to Taste is well executed.  Great version. 

mbw

Down with Disease > Taste, Twenty Years Later > Piper is real good stuff.
I think the second part of the jam in Disease sounds very akin to an ABB jam.
Driving straight blues stuff.  Definitely hear Rider themes in 20YL.
Piper gets real dark and psychedelic and then, and then...> BDTNL 
Trey seems to always think this is a good choice right as things are getting nasty.
I can't stand this 50 year old man birthday lullaby to his best bud shit any more!  Worst.Song.Ever.
It's the kind of song you put on a mix tape for your mom when you are trying to get her into Phish.

On to YEM.

antelope19

Quote from: mbw on October 30, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
Trey seems to always think this is a good choice right as things are getting nasty.
I can't stand this 50 year old man birthday lullaby to his best bud shit any more!  Worst.Song.Ever.

On to YEM.

Yes, as was stated earlier (in the LST I think) BDTNL belongs in the first set, or as a second set opener, not deep into the second set. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: antelope19 on October 30, 2013, 11:19:13 AM
Quote from: mbw on October 30, 2013, 11:16:04 AM

On to YEM.

Yes, as was stated earlier (in the LST I think) BDTNL belongs in the first set, or as a second set opener, not deep into the second set.

But it's our song!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawayjimbo

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 30, 2013, 09:51:56 AM
20 years later got serious
anyone hear the 'i know you rider' sounding jam in 20 YL or it might be in piper.

I remember hearing a distinct Rider peak last night during one of the jams.

overall awesome show.
fun was had.
more when my brain is working properly.

I heard the Rider jam last night as well. Looking forward to hearing Disease through Piper again.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

emay

One thing that struck me while watching them jam through some of these tunes is that, they find themselves in a sustain/loop'd jams a lot.
Where theres so much noise going on it almost sounds like they are all trying to play over eachother....sometimes I find it fitting in a jam, but a lot of times I dislike it.
The part of Phish I love from later 95-00 phish is the interplay between band members and which leads to a collective effort to explode to new musical plateaus or in other words they end up "firing on all cylinders" if you will.
Its hard to play in between notes and leave spaces in jams when there is just constant noise being layered underneath what mike (or page, or sometimes even trey) is playing.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VDB

Lovely bluesy peak in this Disease, and a proper, gentle wind-down into Taste. Bravo!
Is this still Wombat?

justjezmund

holy fun.  So much was had.  Always good to party with  :wtu: and dirty.  that is all.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Gumbo72203

man I'm pissed I didn't make the trek down last night.  Fuck.  Even Taste was pretty dope.  Just onto 20 Years Later.  Trey just turned his delay on, and Mike is holding solid on his root.... Pay Jorgan screaming!  Yeah Phish!!!!!!!!!!

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

LOL @ this YEM.  What the fuck guys, hahaha.  Its so bad its hilarious.  Mike doesn't play the intro, Trey ends the triplet part too soon and starts playing the pre-nivervana riff while everyone else is still doing the triplet climb thing...

lol