News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Get the OLE GANG back together?

Started by sophist, December 05, 2013, 03:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: natronzero on December 06, 2013, 10:22:42 AM
I'd like to be in this time.  Always wanted to in the past but couldn't really commit. I've recently made listening to full Phish shows a priority in my life though, so the timing is just right!  :beers:

Speaking of listening to whole shows, I've been bouncing around the idea of listening to all of 1994 exactly 20 years after each 1994 date and blogging about it. It's a monumental task, honestly. It's their heaviest year of touring - 124 shows total. Shows start in April and don't really let up until mid-July then there's a break before a massive fall tour.

If I blog about it, I will do so under an anonymous name. I do not need work knowing I'm listening to 3 hours of music 124 days next year. I will start a blog like Caravan's and keep it up-to-date as the year goes on. I imagine it will include some personal stuff, too. What's my mood was when I listened... how that affected my opinion of the show... experiences seeing the show (I saw 17 shows that year)... my memories of tapes I had and knew well of certain shows from the year... if I'm getting sick of phish a month in... whatever.

I definitely will not do a song-by-song review of each show. I will just give some general comments and point to a couple of highlights.

Anyone want to join me? I'd love to have 2 or 3 folks who all participate and get some actual dialogue going in the blog.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on December 06, 2013, 11:22:13 AM
I'd like to be in this time.  Always wanted to in the past but couldn't really commit. I've recently made listening to full Phish shows a priority in my life though, so the timing is just right!  :beers:

Speaking of listening to whole shows, I've been bouncing around the idea of listening to all of 1994 exactly 20 years after each 1994 date and blogging about it. It's a monumental task, honestly. It's their heaviest year of touring - 124 shows total. Shows start in April and don't really let up until mid-July then there's a break before a massive fall tour.

If I blog about it, I will do so under an anonymous name. I do not need work knowing I'm listening to 3 hours of music 124 days next year. I will start a blog like Caravan's and keep it up-to-date as the year goes on. I imagine it will include some personal stuff, too. What's my mood was when I listened... how that affected my opinion of the show... experiences seeing the show (I saw 17 shows that year)... my memories of tapes I had and knew well of certain shows from the year... if I'm getting sick of phish a month in... whatever.

I definitely will not do a song-by-song review of each show. I will just give some general comments and point to a couple of highlights.

Anyone want to join me? I'd love to have 2 or 3 folks who all participate and get some actual dialogue going in the blog.

I could definitely pitch in on that.

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 06, 2013, 11:25:00 AM

ditto. 

twatts

Quote from: susep on December 06, 2013, 11:30:17 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 06, 2013, 11:25:00 AM
listening to all of 1994 exactly 20 years after each 1994 date and blogging about it.

ditto.

This is more to my liking...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

runawayjimbo

I'm down for Fall, but the full year sounds a little twisted to me. I was pretty burned out by the end when I did the 20th anniversary Winter/Spring '93 virtual tour earlier this year.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Superfreakie

I did 15 or so shows in April/July/November '94. I'll try to find the time when the time comes.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sophist

Quote from: twatts on December 06, 2013, 11:20:49 AM
Quote from: sophist on December 06, 2013, 11:17:11 AM

Week II - Terry - 1/13/14

I'm out...  I have no desire to listen to and/or review a 2014 show when I have about 100s of DATs at home that need it more...

Sorry...

Terry

Please tell me this is a bad attempt at humor. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

added SF, I am leaving Terry II on the list to confirm bombed joke or misunderstanding of how this works
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

mbw

List updated.  For the sake of PG, we'll table this until the new year.  I am thinking we start the week on Monday.  We'll go in order of the list too. 

So it would go

Week I - the Sophist - 1/6/14
Week III - the Emay - 1/20/14
Week IV - the PRC3 - 1/27/14
Week V - the pieguy - 2/3/14
Week VI - the Natron Zero - 2/10/14
Week VII - the other Terry - 2/17/14

Thoughts?

unless there is a 3rd terry, i never signed up.

Hicks

Quote from: mbw on December 06, 2013, 02:05:27 PM
List updated.  For the sake of PG, we'll table this until the new year.  I am thinking we start the week on Monday.  We'll go in order of the list too. 

So it would go

Thoughts?

We're all Terry here in our own way. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on December 06, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

So it would go

Thoughts?

I tarry here all the time

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 06, 2013, 02:14:07 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 06, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

So it would go

Thoughts?

I tarry here all the time

mwb is gonna be the one to terry us all apart  :cry:

sophist

Quote from: twatts on December 06, 2013, 01:54:11 PM
Quote from: sophist on December 06, 2013, 01:03:27 PM
misunderstanding of how this works

Please explain then??? 

Thanks,

Terry

If it is your week, you pick a Phish show.  Preference is on 1.0 shows.  People usually get a lot of shit for picking 2.0, and de-balled for picking 3.0, unless we do another worst show round, then it's okay to pick horrific shows. 

So it would go

Thoughts?

I signed you up for you.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :crazy:  (must have dosed myself again)