News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2014-2015

Started by antelope19, March 10, 2014, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 25, 2014, 10:50:01 AM
This serves me right for not making fun of bvaz for the Jets' Michael Vick signing. Please let this be a sick joke.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10667053/quarterback-mark-sanchez-joining-philadelphia-eagles

Eagles likely to sign Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez, who was released by the New York Jets on Friday, is expected to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Sanchez is rehabbing from shoulder surgery, and the Eagles will have him undergo a medical evaluation as a condition of his signing.

He would be the third quarterback on the Eagles' roster, joining starter Nick Foles and backup Matt Barkley.

The Jets on Friday announced the signing of former Eagles starter Michael Vick.

The Butt Fumble is coming to a city near you
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

HAHA cant stop laughing
https://twitter.com/BMBeamenderfer/status/448459603828047872

QuoteBREAKING: Nick Foles showing Mark Sanchez around the Eagles facility.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

antelope19

This serves me right for not making fun of bvaz for the Jets' Michael Vick signing. Please let this be a sick joke.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10667053/quarterback-mark-sanchez-joining-philadelphia-eagles

Eagles likely to sign Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez, who was released by the New York Jets on Friday, is expected to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Sanchez is rehabbing from shoulder surgery, and the Eagles will have him undergo a medical evaluation as a condition of his signing.

He would be the third quarterback on the Eagles' roster, joining starter Nick Foles and backup Matt Barkley.

The Jets on Friday announced the signing of former Eagles starter Michael Vick.

It's official!

Eagles agreed to terms with QB Mark Sanchez, formerly of the Jets.
Although competition-minded coach Chip Kelly is unlikely to formally announce Sanchez as his No. 2 quarterback over Matt Barkley, that's what he'll be. Sanchez's signing is further proof that Kelly's offense doesn't require a fleet-footed quarterback, despite much presumption to the contrary. Sanchez is not a statue in the pocket, but isn't exactly mobile. Sanchez offers loads of experience as a backup, but is the owner of a 71.7 career QB rating, and 55.1 completion percentage.

DoW

the bright side is Sanchez has no shot of ever entering a game.

it was tough to be upset with the Vick signing since it led to Sanchez's release.
Sanchez is tied with the most road playoff victories in NFL history.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

pcr3

Quote from: DoW on March 27, 2014, 02:43:22 PM

wrong.  he has 4, eli has 5, and flacco has 6.

but he is tied for least home playoff victories in NFL history.  so, there's that.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

Eagles Release Desean Jackson!

DoW

Quote from: pcr3 on March 27, 2014, 04:57:41 PM
Quote from: DoW on March 27, 2014, 02:43:22 PM

wrong.  he has 4, eli has 5, and flacco has 6.

but he is tied for least home playoff victories in NFL history.  so, there's that.
you're right.  he had it but those 2 playoff QBs passed him afterwards.
I was actually just trying to make runawayjimbo feel better.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on March 28, 2014, 01:08:05 PM
Eagles Release Desean Jackson!

For being a complete asshole. That too bad, but F that guy.

Excerpt below, much longer writeup (complete with Instagram pics of DeSean and known gang members) here

DeSean Jackson's gang connections troubling to Eagles

PHILADELPHIA -- Over the past several weeks, the Philadelphia Eagles reportedly have begun to shop wide receiver DeSean Jackson.

On its face, the decision to trade one of the NFL's most talented players would seem curious: At 27, Jackson is coming off one of the best seasons of his career -- 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns. Plus, he's a playmaker who should thrive for seasons to come in head coach Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense.

Yet the Eagles' apparent interest in jettisoning Jackson likely has little to do with his performance on the field or a big-money contract that could squeeze the team's salary cap. Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it's Jackson's off-field behavior that concerns the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Now the Eagles have even more serious concerns -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.

Ever since New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with first-degree murder last summer, NFL franchises have been reevaluating how closely they needed to watch their players away from the field. And what Eagles executives see in Jackson, a six-year veteran, is apparently a potential blight on the brand and a bad influence in the locker room.

As a source within the Eagles organization, who requested anonymity, put it: "They are concerned about having him around the younger players."

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Nice to see the Eagles suddenly care about character issues...
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 28, 2014, 01:46:59 PM
Nice to see the Eagles suddenly care about character issues...

I think you are letting your disdain for Eagles fans cloud your judgment about the organization itself. Drafting DeSean (who was widely recognized as an asshole in college) and signing TO and Vick were all considered well outside the standard operating procedure of the organization, who normally put nearly as much stock in to a player's character as their skill. Fat Andy used to say all the time how McNabb's character was one of the most important reasons he drafted McNabb over Ricky Williams (whom the fans desperately wanted, leading to the infamous draft day booing). There have been numerous players over the years who fans have pined for but known they would never see because the organization obsessed about only getting the "right" kind of player in the locker room.

So while I'm happy to grant you that Eagles fans can act like a bunch of DeSean's at times, I think your characterization of the organization is fairly unfounded. I mean, we're not the Raiders.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

DoW

it's too bad about Jackson.  I think it makes sense.
it's tough.  even as a Jets fan right now, I know he can help their offense immensely but is it worth the risk?  It's why it made sense for the Eagles to drop him, especially since it is a good draft for WRs this year.
is it worth for a team like the Pats (who are interested) to take a chance (if they somehow make the money work)?  I'd say definitely.  it could mean a super bowl win.

pcr3

Quote from: DoW on March 28, 2014, 03:25:37 PM
is it worth for a team like the Pats (who are interested) to take a chance (if they somehow make the money work)?  I'd say definitely.  it could mean a super bowl win.

you really think belichick would take a risk on an alleged gangbanger within a year of this?

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

DoW

Quote from: pcr3 on March 28, 2014, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: DoW on March 28, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

you really think belichick would take a risk on an alleged gangbanger within a year of this?

I don't but there were rumors they were interested.
I read an article that says the Eagles have gang concerns.  I have no idea how true or untrue that is.  I think the Patriots would be very careful in their choice but I'm not ready to make jackson Aaron hernandez just yet because of a printed article.
all I'm saying is the risk makes sense for a team that wants to win this year and now building for 3 years down the road because he will most likely screw up within 3 years but skate by for the next year.

emay