News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07-03-2014 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by Buffalo Budd, July 03, 2014, 11:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Saratoga Springs, New York

Set 1:  Farmhouse, Wolfman's Brother, Maze, Yarmouth Road, Strange Design, Devotion to a Dream, Ocelot, Chalk Dust Torture, Mound, Roggae, Possum

Set 2: Bathtub Gin, Limb x Limb, Winterqueen, The Line, Tweezer, Prince Caspian, Sparkle, Antelope

Encore:  Sing Monica, Tweeprise

There she be, a little all over the place, curious  to hear from those in attendance.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

WhatstheUse?

Eeehhhhh....

The LxL got to an interesting place.

All the new songs sound solid and I like most them for the most part... but they are all first set songs, IMO. Winterqueen/the Line combo in the second set was pretty rough.

I had a great time to night but I'm Hoping they pick up the pace tomorrow.
Bring in the dude!

Multibeast12

Just got home. Gin > LxL was awesome. Then winter queen. Just a meh song. And the line was par. Tweezer rocked

sunrisevt

At the time, I loved the > from Limb x limb to winterqueen, and it sold me on the song.

I'll confirm tomorrow after a daylight listen.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Winterqueef followed by The Line? What a way to kill a set. I'll pass further judgments once I've given the show a listen.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

JPhishman

Winterqueen>line is a forced acceptance via juxtaposition. Winterqueen is a one and done (I hope) but the line is here to stay. And I think I'm ok with that. I am a basketball fan though.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Marmar

Last night, with the exception of Gin (which was slow, and didn't build to that great of a climax), LxL (which got really weird), and Tweezer (best and most interesting jam of the night).....this show was a throw away/warm up performance.

They had BETTER bring it tonight....that's all I'm sayin as I am walking out the door to get there.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Augustus

Got the webcast with a friend last night.
First set was a throw away, but I thought most of the songs sounded rehearsed.
Liked the "post" Gin jam and was hoping it would stretch out.
Same with the Limb jam which was 90 seconds if cool.

Show really suffered from bad song placement, tho.

Multibeast12

For in a arugement with so hippie chick on the lawn about winterqueen. And how its kinda just a lame song. I never thought I'd truly love hearing prince Caspian. But if it comes between the two I'll take a million caspians

rowjimmy

Not the greatest show construction last night but I like a lot of the parts.
The Bathtub Limb was cool. Tweezer & Caspian worked for me too. First set didn't really have a commanding flow but I liked everything.

Also, I love "Sing Monica". My wife likes it too. So there you go.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

mbw