News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07-03-2014 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by Buffalo Budd, July 03, 2014, 11:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

barnesy305

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Finally got around to spin the Gin Limb. Good stuff right there, especially the L x L.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Itsnotanexperience

The Gin Limb 1-2 punch is pretty special.   That LxL is ridiculously cool and good during the jam.    It's toothy and funky.   Trey is really doing interesting stuff and sounds so much in control of himself so far this year.

LxL is a sinister dance jam taboot.   

Fuck.

mattstick

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

susep

Trey quotes another Allman's Whipping Post riff near 8:17 in Limb

VDB

I don't totally mind the outro jam in this or other Winterqueens. There, I said it.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

that outro jam would be much better if Trey abandoned whatever effect he uses to make the notes sound "sour"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

You mean the whammy pedal? I hate that most of the time.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 23, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
I don't totally mind the outro jam in this or other Winterqueens. There, I said it.

I hate the pause and return to the (brief) chorus though. I was sitting down when they played it at the Mann, and after the "jam" I stood up in anticipation of a "song". Then he goes back into it and it knocked me back into my char as I muttered, exasperated, "Holy shit, this isn't over yet?" Muttered, screamed, whatever.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.