News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07-18 - Northerly Island - Chicago, IL - Post Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, July 18, 2014, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: susep on July 22, 2014, 09:36:11 PM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 22, 2014, 09:24:27 PM
But this jam.

agreed, listened to this version 2x today.  Mike does a great job on the low end with Fish, Page shines.  Trey brings his funk.  The jam is very Phishy esp. for this era.       

I am really liking this Sand too, nothing groundbreaking, but it has everything in a Sand that I require.

Reba disappointed.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mehead

So, Wombat. It is the first song in their catalog since getting initiated into this band where I can hear what other people hear about a lot of Phish re: stupid songs. I listen to it and cringe, looking around to make sure no one sees me listening to this shit, because I can't defend it.

But this jam.

Gets away from the song so quick, I think it is the outstanding song of the show, and top five for this run. Sadly get a little whaley, but nevertheless, the are clicking here in a beautiful way and I am actually looking forward to hearing the next Wombat if they can continue to progress it this way.

I'll just need to make sure it isn't in public.

:-)

News flash  - they have plenty of other stupid songs.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

susep

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 22, 2014, 09:39:24 PM
Quote from: susep on July 22, 2014, 09:36:11 PM
But this jam.

agreed, listened to this version 2x today.  Mike does a great job on the low end with Fish, Page shines.  Trey brings his funk.  The jam is very Phishy esp. for this era.       

I am really liking this Sand too, nothing groundbreaking, but it has everything in a Sand that I require.

I too thought the Sand started off nice, was really hoping they would continue to stretch it out until rip cord Trey decided to pull the plug.   :samurai: 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mehead on July 22, 2014, 10:10:07 PM
So, Wombat. It is the first song in their catalog since getting initiated into this band where I can hear what other people hear about a lot of Phish re: stupid songs. I listen to it and cringe, looking around to make sure no one sees me listening to this shit, because I can't defend it.

But this jam.

Gets away from the song so quick, I think it is the outstanding song of the show, and top five for this run. Sadly get a little whaley, but nevertheless, the are clicking here in a beautiful way and I am actually looking forward to hearing the next Wombat if they can continue to progress it this way.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to defend "whatever you do, take care of your shoes" to the uninitiated.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 23, 2014, 02:47:02 PM
Quote from: mehead on July 22, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

But this jam.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to defend "whatever you do, take care of your shoes" to the uninitiated.
Anyone who doesn't understand the importance of maintaining proper footwear in this life deserves what they get.