News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/26 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, July 26, 2014, 10:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

PHiSH
07-26-2014
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD

Set I:  Sample in a Jar, The Moma Dance, Wombat, Backwards Down the Number Line, Roggae, The Wedge, Wolfman's Brother, Nellie Kane, Lawn Boy, The Line, Stash, Suzy Greenberg

Set II:  Carini> Ghost> Steam> The Mango Song, Sing Monica> Light> 2001> Harry Hood

E:  Julius
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Trey was in full on rock star mode tonight. I can't wait to go back to this ghost. First time in a while that I saw him redirect and take over. Awesone
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

Quote from: antelope19 on July 26, 2014, 11:31:25 PM
Trey was in full on rock star mode tonight. I can't wait to go back to this ghost. First time in a while that I saw him redirect and take over. Awesone

Sounds totally awesone!  Need to check it out!  :wink:

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on July 26, 2014, 11:31:25 PM
this makes me excited to listen tomorrow.
I miss a good old Trey rock star show.
:beerbang: :rawk:
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

GBL

Show looks like fun.  I've been hearing good things about the second set..

Then again, there seems to be a lot of hyperbole nowadays..

Twitter, lol..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Overall, fun show. Lots to dance to.
Rocked with Anthrax all night. Lope got us in the Pav for set two in time to hear Carini go into orbit.

Haven't re listened yet...
First set was all good at the show. Personal high points include: Nellie Kane, Wedge, Wolfman's Bro & Stash. That Stash seemed great.

Second set was wild. They kept building songs to great peaks, takin going them for a little walk then segueing into the next in a fairly smooth fashion. Carini > Ghost seemed to be a good one. Steam > Mango was great. Monica was perfectly placed and ROCKED. Then Light > 2001!  Hood was a given because I was there.

Great time altogether.

Ran into SunriseVT in the garage as I'm arriving at the hotel. Hung out with him, WTU & emay for a bit before meeting some other folks. Headed to the lot and met with those guys again along with Anthrax & Lope & his crew.

MPP aisle cops were as obnoxious as ever. A couple of them apparently berated my friend's wife to tears because she was in the wrong section of the Pav.

Stay classy MD.

sunrisevt

^^^Confirmed. It was a phish show, the paug rocked strong and George is sketchy as fuck.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

shoreline99

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 27, 2014, 12:02:23 PM
^^^Confirmed. It was a phish show, the paug rocked strong and George is sketchy as fuck.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sophist

He try to give you an over the pants handy for a craft beer? 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Thrillhouse

Go on.......
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

Quote from: mehead on July 27, 2014, 01:22:32 PM
Poison teases in ghost. 

:mrgreen:

Nothing But a Good Time?  ehhhh.  maybe.
what is evident about this ghost though is that Trey ain't got shit on C.C.