News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

04/26 - New Orleans Fairgrounds - New Orleans, LA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by khalpin, April 27, 2014, 08:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Quote from: blatboom on May 04, 2014, 01:59:10 PM
watching on Axs now. even the Wolfman's is tame  :S

Was watching it too for a minute. Went back to watching a documentary on The Clash

antelope19

Unless it's their own fest, it's a pretty safe bet they're gonna mail it in....and even when it's their own fest, it's not guaranteed they're gonna be motivated
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

anthrax

they don't have anything to prove.  warm sunny afternoon festival slot at jazzfest.  nothing to do but play some good phish tunes, which they did.

whatapiper

This is my first time seeing the set list, life has been busy I suppose! Looks like a solid run of Phish classics, one of these years I will be making it down for the festival, at the top of my bucket list.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

hope AXS caught some footage of the sea of southern belles that were getting down.

mattstick

JPhishman

I had no expectations for this show except that it would feel awesome to throw it down at the fairgrounds with the Phish band. I hoped for some horns, figured with party time would be a lock, but oh well. Not even a mailed in show could get to me on this day. Had a perfect staked out spot next to the sbd with chairs and all thanks to Burmesepython's parents. It was pretty hot but we were buying 6-8 beers at a clip thrown in a whole bag of ice to keep us cool.

Realistically I saw better music probably every single day of the ten I was in NOLA. I ain't gonna hate though. I was lucky as hell to be there and did it up right. Phish was just one set of the musical marathon that is jazzfest. I hadn't even looked back at the setlist til today.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

McGrupp

Quote from: JPhishman on May 07, 2014, 08:06:22 PM
I had no expectations for this show except that it would feel awesome to throw it down at the fairgrounds with the Phish band. I hoped for some horns, figured with party time would be a lock, but oh well. Not even a mailed in show could get to me on this day. Had a perfect staked out spot next to the sbd with chairs and all thanks to Burmesepython's parents. It was pretty hot but we were buying 6-8 beers at a clip thrown in a whole bag of ice to keep us cool.

Realistically I saw better music probably every single day of the ten I was in NOLA. I ain't gonna hate though. I was lucky as hell to be there and did it up right. Phish was just one set of the musical marathon that is jazzfest. I hadn't even looked back at the setlist til today.

I can't imagine anyone just going to JazzFest for Phish. But if they did, they're totally doing it wrong.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

emay

the source on phishtracks.com sounds real nice.
you can hear the whole crowd singing along to julius too

VDB

My mashtun's looking pretty good, thanks to Pie Guy!

Thanks again, Dave!

Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

VDB

Is this still Wombat?