News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08-29-2014 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, August 30, 2014, 01:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: aphineday on August 31, 2014, 01:57:49 AM
Quote from: mbw on August 31, 2014, 01:26:12 AM
you got something against setlist notes, aphineday?
No, I just feel like I'm not really great at it.
What should I note on here, I'd like to get better!

like guest sit-ins, the fact that Lushington is spelled.
these are historical records man!

aphineday

Quote from: mbw on August 31, 2014, 01:59:26 AM
Quote from: aphineday on August 31, 2014, 01:57:49 AM
Quote from: mbw on August 31, 2014, 01:26:12 AM
you got something against setlist notes, aphineday?
No, I just feel like I'm not really great at it.
What should I note on here, I'd like to get better!

like guest sit-ins, the fact that Lushington is spelled.
these are historical records man!
Okay, duh. I'm an idiot.
That all makes sense, I'll fix it up!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

susep

Nice jam out of 46.  A very cool jam emerges at 13:45+ in Simple.  Phish Funk.  The rest of the set is a throw away mostly.  Ghost is type I with minimal diversion, not a fan.  I like that they are continuing to jam.       

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

zimbra

I haven't gone back and re-listened to anything but this first set was weak.  I'm kind of over the spelling thing, its not original anymore.  That simple ghost though is awesome.  No quarter was a real treat too. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Gundo

Went back and re-listened to this Simple for the first time since being at the show. After the show I remember everyone raving about it, and how I just didn't really think it was all that great. I actually didn't have that great of a time most of the run except night 2 set II. I blame it on lack of sleep from driving through the night. I can't sleep for shit in a car.

Anyways I gave it a listen tonight and I really enjoyed it this time around. I really like the light strumming Trey's been doing in these big jams lately. Best example I could give is those last 2 minutes in the 7/13/14 CDT. I wish he would riff on them for longer. I think it helps them find a more natural space. If that makes any sense at all.

zimbra

Quote from: EdBanky on April 08, 2015, 12:54:53 AM
Went back and re-listened to this Simple for the first time since being at the show. After the show I remember everyone raving about it, and how I just didn't really think it was all that great. I actually didn't have that great of a time most of the run except night 2 set II. I blame it on lack of sleep from driving through the night. I can't sleep for shit in a car.

Anyways I gave it a listen tonight and I really enjoyed it this time around. I really like the light strumming Trey's been doing in these big jams lately. Best example I could give is those last 2 minutes in the 7/13/14 CDT. I wish he would riff on them for longer. I think it helps them find a more natural space. If that makes any sense at all.

it makes no sense at all  :evil:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

Just put on this second set for first time in a while. 46 days jam is nice precursor to the massive simple jam.

edit: this ghost fucking peakkks!!

emay

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.