News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08-30-2014 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, August 31, 2014, 01:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: McGrupp on August 31, 2014, 12:43:22 PM
I haven't listened but when I got off work, I was standing around outside of the club and this kid who I know from going to shows walks up. He said he had just streamed the show and it sucked. So. There's his review.
did you tell him that he had to follow the 48 hour rule?

looks like a standard 3.0 show on paper.
besides the WTU, the second set looks like it is played every 4 shows the past few years (I know Fuego is new, but you know what I mean).

of course, it depends on how they played.  I'll listen at some point in the next 2 days.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

susep

Really like both DwD and Light, nice improv.  Very repetitive material song wise, the jams are not. 

DwD - Trey blows it rhythmically into sloppy, wash,
he comes out ok, playing catch up but doing ok, Phish Dead, Mike laying down a fat line, he and Fish intertwined in a pulsating helix, Page quiet in this jam, adding appropriate colors, nice space in the jam, subtle Quadrophonic quote/similarity in Trey's tone, ideas, Page back on the piano, switches up to organ, synth, continuous lines by Page, often playing 2 keyboards at once, familiar bass line by Mike towards the outro, Cypress Gin line?  or Cypress Tweezer?  top notch jam.

zimbra

Again, I haven't listened back to this show.. I will say that besides the simple I'm most excited to go back and listen to the DWD>WTU>Carini>Light section of this second set.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

Quote from: zimbra on September 03, 2014, 06:38:35 PM
Again, I haven't listened back to this show.. I will say that besides the simple I'm most excited to go back and listen to the DWD>WTU>Carini>Light section of this second set.

yeah its def a highlight of the run. trey gets a little lost/confused in that light jam though. maybe it was carini. coulda been both.