News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08-31-2014 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, September 01, 2014, 02:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Second listen and I loved this Mike's Song, not to nit pick but a Hydrogen instead of Sneakin' Sally would have made it a straight 3.0 classic.

Don't really get Sally between Mike's and Weekapaug...

Quote from: GBL on September 01, 2014, 02:22:28 PMWhat are they trying to achieve at a show? Why are they touring?  Imo, it always comes back to purpose, and generally, I'm disappointed by the answers I come up with..

Tough questions! If I've learned anything in 3.0 it's that if you seek deeper meaning than fun rock concerts, you're probably going to be let down...

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on September 01, 2014, 09:44:07 PM
He went full Maureen Dowd. 

Never go full Maureen Dowd.

Lulz

Quote from: mattstick on September 02, 2014, 08:56:11 AM

Second listen and I loved this Mike's Song, not to nit pick but a Hydrogen instead of Sneakin' Sally would have made it a straight 3.0 classic.

Except Trey can't play Hydrogen anymore, so...
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Quote from: GBL on September 01, 2014, 02:22:28 PMWhat are they trying to achieve at a show? Why are they touring?  Imo, it always comes back to purpose, and generally, I'm disappointed by the answers I come up with..

Tough questions! If I've learned anything in 3.0 it's that if you seek deeper meaning than fun rock concerts, you're probably going to be let down...

Silly questions is more like it.

It's fucking rock and roll, man.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2014, 09:54:37 AM

Silly questions is more like it.

It's fucking rock and roll, man.

No Questions. Just Rawk

Fyp.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

GBL

That seems like a good way to look at it. 

If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

Quote from: GBL on September 02, 2014, 11:33:54 AM

That seems like a good way to look at it.

Watching the webcasts this weekend I caught what could be described as nothing short of shit-eating grins on each band member at different points each night. So, if nothing else, they are having fun... and they are clearly letting go for some portion each night and seeing where the train takes them. If the jams fall flat then so be it. They can't all be winners.

It was clear to me that Trey, in particular, was not firing on all cylinders at Dick's 2014... but he wasn't getting in the way of things either. He had the patience to let some interesting stuff develop each night.

Was it the best run? No. But it was solid Phish 3.0.  And if you're looking for something deeper than that, you're probably gonna be disappointed.

mehead

well said....
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Augustus

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Augustus on September 02, 2014, 12:13:02 PM
Groundbreaking assessments.

Groundbreaking shows require groundbreaking assessments. You should know this by now.

GBL

Remember when Phish Destroyed America?  I feel like they used to go out there to melt faces and blow people away..

Now I feel like they go out there because they want you to be happy..

If this is love, I'm never going home..

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

DoW

but the overall point for many people, if you are looking to be blown away, you probably need to seek out other music.
I like rock shows and like seeing bands have fun on stage.  I just don't ahve to leave the city I live in to see it.

personally, I think these shows have more motivation in them than the past few years.  they seem as proud of this album as they have of any work in quite some time and they are out showcasing it.  It is great to see them still creating music they love after 30 years.

I know some ahve other opinions, but the days of Phish blowing me away musically have long since passed.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mbw

DoW

Quote from: mbw on September 02, 2014, 02:11:03 PM
New Ground Breaking Assessment!!!

then why even have psot show discussions?
why not just bump a thread after every show they are are healthy and are having fun?
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate