News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10-17-2014 Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR - Post Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, October 18, 2014, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Waiting All Night sounds great, Trey doesn't say he's holding on though and Mike throws the Moog bombs in some different places. 

I love this song as an opener.  So weird.  So chill.  Fuck yeah, Phish.  Sell that album. 

Edit:   eek, Trey solo start was pretty fucking rough..... yowzers.  Dude sounds totally unprepared.  Come on man, you were killing this during the summer!  But holy shit does Mike and Fish fucking kill it under Trey's solo!!  This jam rules!!!  They're growing it, and Fish is all over with the fills.  This is amazing.  I love it.  This could actually build into a real jam sometime with the energy they're throwing into it. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

oh man this Twist!!!!   Its chill like Glens Falls.  Lots of good stuff from everyone.  Especially Page, though. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on October 18, 2014, 01:29:16 PM
the thread title formatting around here has really taken a turn for the worse, just smdh

Feel free to get involved.

Hicks

Show had some definite highlights in Reba, Simple > Maze and C&P and it was nice to hear them avoid a Oye Como Va jam in Twist for once.   Carini had some cool parts too and Plasma will be a welcome addition if it sticks around. 

But beside Strange Design the first half of the first set was basically a throwaway and the Farmhouse/ Halfway to the Moon combo had me questioning whether the set had jumped the shark.  Thankfully Twist turned things around and then C&P blew the lid off. 

Good times for sure and at the end of the night even I couldn't hate on Sleeping Monkey.   :wink:

Will definitely be streaming tonight as I had to sacrifice Seattle to go to Vegas, and I suspect tonight may top this show. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Mr. Natural

My buddy who went to the show said they were able to play until midnight, which is pretty sweet since most venues (like Cuthbert) cut the sound at 11:00.

:phish: y  hours on a Saturday night in Eugene sounds nice to me.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

VDB

An enjoyable listen just about start to finish. Roggae may have been tops in the first set. Also, Plasma sounded pretty dang good. Would love to see them continue to play that.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 20, 2014, 09:45:37 PM
An enjoyable listen just about start to finish. Roggae may have been tops in the first set. Also, Plasma sounded pretty dang good. Would love to see them continue to play that.

And by Roggae you mean Reba.   :wink:
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

That whole segment from Reba on was great, imo.
Roggae WAS nice.
The slide into Maze from Simple was pleasant.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 21, 2014, 09:53:57 AM
That whole segment from Reba on was great, imo.
Roggae WAS nice.
The slide into Maze from Simple was pleasant.

I totally agree.  Before Reba, I was not intending to listen to the whole show because East Coast.  Reba was nice, but that Roggae was an important moment in the show.  From that point on, it was clear that they were flowing and not forcing anything, and it made the show incredibly enjoyable to listen to.  Nothing otherworldly, just a good show all around.  I think I may need to relisten to the C&P to see if it went further than I remembered.  It was late at that point and I was drunk watching the stream with my neighbor on my back porch, but we were dancing around like little girls during that segment.  :banana: :banana:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Roggae was cool but Reba was clearly the turning point for the show.

rowjimmy

I think we're saying very similar things. Reba was the point when things got up and out of the rut, but Roggae was when it was clear that Reba wasn't a fluke.

VDB

Still best show of tour so far, of course. Trey sounds better than I think he has in the other shows. Not perfect, but better.

I really like the Twist. It has a slow, Reba-esque quality to it. Mike sounds great. To quote the guy on the phishtracks.com AUD afterwards, "Nailed it!"
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged