News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/18 - KeyArena - Seattle, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, October 19, 2014, 02:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Thought this was a good show.  Not as good as Eugene, but solid for a second show of tour, which is traditionally the dog of every tour.  I don;t think much of it translates to the recording unfortunately, but since I was there, who cares.  I loved Sand.  Eugene was better.  Can;t wait to head down to SB this week!  They are going to be killing it by Vegas.  After the show was sick.  Seattle is a fun city.

JPhishman

Agreed Eugene was easily the better show. Second set had it's moments though. Segue in Cities was dope. Sand jam seemed awesome at the time. Haven't listened back yet though. Venue was a bit unprepared but way looser than Eugene in terms of smoking and freedom to move around the venue without getting tickets checked. Ran into Tomapella preshow outside the venue and he hung with my crew through the show. Great times all around, beasters show or not.

Odd that they only played two shows the first weekend of tour. Sure wish Seattle coulda been a two nighter. Or a Portland show... Obv.

Rooftop party at our hotel was killin, bunch of friends including Caravan and crew made it up there before we hit a sick afterparty near the venue with funky music and kegs.

So nice to have these guys in the NW for a couple shows. No doubt they are going to be slaying it in Vegas!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

roggae

Quote from: Augustus on October 19, 2014, 09:47:51 AM
Caught some of the webcast.
Trey looked happy AND healthy!

is this a new dig or are you genuinely happy about this?
Clearly it's all awful.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Can't say I get the hate for this show, second set has some pretty sweet action with the trippy Fuego jam, Light > Cities, a cool little funk section in Sand and the somewhat rare and always ripping Bold as Love.   Sure the ripcord into 46 Days sucked and DWD > Golden Age might be a little underwhelming but no way would I say this is a "bad" show.   

If Eugene was an 8.5, I'd give this a 7.5 or maybe even an 8.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on October 25, 2014, 11:34:19 AM
Can't say I get the hate for this show, second set has some pretty sweet action with the trippy Fuego jam, Light > Cities, a cool little funk section in Sand and the somewhat rare and always ripping Bold as Love.   Sure the ripcord into 46 Days sucked and DWD > Golden Age might be a little underwhelming but no way would I say this is a "bad" show.   

If Eugene was an 8.5, I'd give this a 7.5 or maybe even an 8.

I agree.  Def better than SB1 by a mile.  I though it was a good show, but like i said, not sure if it translates to tape.  I have not listened since attending.  Was it all good, no, but far from bad, imo.

susep

This version of Light has a very nice funk jam in the last 3 minutes.  Light continues to be a 3.0 jam stalwart.