News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/21 - Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, October 22, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

DoW

Quote from: gah on October 22, 2014, 05:55:48 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 22, 2014, 05:07:41 PM
Quote from: Augustus on October 22, 2014, 05:03:34 PM
Tonight has to be better.

It's been downhill since Seattle ye of faith.

In a sick twisted way, I hope this gets uglier.

agreed.  :evil:
me too.  I don't feel like making room on my hard drive for new shows.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

PIE-GUY

All I know is come Vegas PGLHAH is all people will remember.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

Quote from: mehead on October 22, 2014, 04:42:16 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 22, 2014, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 22, 2014, 03:56:22 PM
What did trey say?  don't make me listen.

There were all sorts of call outs that didn't seem so humorous. One mangled BOAF jam that was so abrupt, they stopped, Trey says something about like "anybody else think that was weird", then uncomfortable silence, then Page strikes up a baseball banter to sort of gloss it over, asking the fans what team they were going for and the audience cheers for each team, this deep in the middle of the second set, then Trey pipes up again with "and who wanted that jam to end"? It was fucked. Then the whole Trey playing Julius and ending the Tweezer jam that the rest of the band were having nothing of, a "you guys fucked my BOAF, well, I'm going to fuck your Tweezer". Then they mangle the start to Suzy cause Trey is off in his own land, so in the beginning of the song, right after neurologist, Fishman yells something like, I wish you'd look at me when you'd count the song or something.....it's fucked. Also the same thing happened to start BOAF. Look, they are unpracticed, and it is obvious as fuck. And they're not pulling it off. Period. Seattle had the same problems, although to a lesser degree. To be honest, you should listen to it as I have never heard anything like it come from them.

Yeah, it was pretty fucked.  During one of those moments (can't remember which one) Mike looked at Trey and stared him down for a good 5 seconds. He looked pissed.  It may have been during the Tweezer ripcord.

where's my webrip?  i wanna see this!

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Augustus

Quote from: birdman on October 22, 2014, 07:12:41 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on October 22, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
All I know is come Vegas PGLHAH is all people will remember.
PG is firing on all cylinders!!

Hoping y'all keep up the momentum until Vegas

cactusfan

on the plus side, i was there, and had a grand time! good seats, and good things in my brain, a beautiful venue, and was there a phish show going on? there was! some nice moments within jams to keep me amused, and the end of BOAF to crack me up. i guess i didn't get the whole 'uncomfortable' part. it seemed pretty comical. aside from the unfortunate part where the nice jam was killed dead.

the end of Tweezer seemed less comical. why won't you rock, Trey?

lots of tickets before the show. people couldn't give them away.

looking forward to Bill Graham. i heard a rumor that those shows are going to be great.

WhatstheUse?

Venue looked incredible! What was the capicty there? Was it full?

Pictures looked so intimate!
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: cactusfan on October 23, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
on the plus side, i was there, and had a grand time! good seats, and good things in my brain, a beautiful venue, and was there a phish show going on? there was! some nice moments within jams to keep me amused, and the end of BOAF to crack me up. i guess i didn't get the whole 'uncomfortable' part. it seemed pretty comical. aside from the unfortunate part where the nice jam was killed dead.

the end of Tweezer seemed less comical. why won't you rock, Trey?

lots of tickets before the show. people couldn't give them away.

looking forward to Bill Graham. i heard a rumor that those shows are going to be great.

we have a separate thread for rumors.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Quote from: cactusfan on October 23, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
i guess i didn't get the whole 'uncomfortable' part. it seemed pretty comical.

That's the feeling I got from the recording anyway.

I'm sure we over analyze these things way more than the band, picking them apart and contextualizing them as impending signs of the apocalypse. From the band, all you hear on stage is how they had "so much fun tonight" and in interviews how this is their favorite time ever. Unless they're just lying about all that, I'll assume this stuff doesn't bother them as much as it bothers us. For whatever that's worth.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Weird bits were a little weird musically.
I can't say what happened though.

Here's a part I enjoyed which was released just now: