News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/02 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, November 03, 2014, 03:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 10, 2014, 03:10:29 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on November 09, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
Trey's playing in WotC deserves a mention.

It definitely felt extra raging at the time.

It felt pretty raging yesterday mid-morning driving thru Middlebury Gap, on nothing but a bagel and coffee.

(BTW-bummed I missed the GMC Jaunt; I had my daughter this weekend.)
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 05, 2014, 05:25:36 PM
yessssss!
walkin past that place with about 10k phish fans every night after the shows was so amazing
so many impromptu dance parties and sing alongs.

heres one from 11/1 after the show with the sweet caroline sing along 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4o94WZTWdo&feature=youtu.be&t=49s

haha and i remember walking by during hte push it too

I was right there for the Sweet Caroline sing along.  I looked for myself on the video but didn't see myself.  I was right behind the guy wearing the horns, so I must be just out of frame.  Cool to relive that, I must have been right next to the person filming.

WhatstheUse?

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet or not... but this was the first time that I ever genuinally thought they were going to come back onstage for a second encore.

Kuroda kept the lights down for quite awhile and the crowd was going absolutely nuts after that encore. It was pretty cool.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

well... i mean, not as cool as if they would've actually played one.
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 11, 2014, 12:45:21 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet or not... but this was the first time that I ever genuinally thought they were going to come back onstage for a second encore.

Kuroda kept the lights down for quite awhile and the crowd was going absolutely nuts after that encore. It was pretty cool.
We thought they were coming back as well. I haven't heard barnstorming like that since seeing the grateful dead. That place got LOUD on a couple of occasions over the weekend.
Paug FTMFW!

Hicks

Honestly by the time they were playing Sugar Shack I was having serious doubts about this show and kicking myself that I didn't go to Saturday.

But then things turned around in a major way with this exceptional Gin and it was pretty much all killer the rest of the way.

Even the mid second set Line worked in this context as they had clearly earned a breather by this point.

Chalkdust is the bomb and Piper may have been my favorite improv of the weekend.

Oh yeah and this YEM, easily the best I've ever seen, Trey was straight going nuts and seeing Mike get in on the fun was great.  The "drum circle" jam was notable as I don't believe they have ever done it before in YEM. 

The Moma, Slave encore was the perfect cherry on top of a weekend for the ages.

Yeah Phish! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.