News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2015/1/3 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, January 03, 2015, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

:phish: 1/3/15
American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL

Set 1:  Maze, AC/DC Bag, Divided Sky, Cavern, Scent of a Mule, Plasma, Devotion to a Dream, Water in the Sky, Split Open and Melt, Character Zero

Set 2:  Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan, Down with Disease*>Light>Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley>Sand>Hood**, Suzy Greenberg

Encore:  Good Times Bad Times

*25+ mins
**Happy Birthday quotes by Trey, Auld Lang Syne quotes by Mike

anthrax

loved it!  maybe there is something to the 4th night of the new years run not being on new years.  boys were on fire! 

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Am I still the only one who loves what they are doing with Melt in 3.0?

I haven't listened back but I loved this jam! I remember Trey really messing up the composed section and they were all pretty unsure of the correct rhythym towards the end of the jam but whatever. I love these 3.0 dissonant, disjointed, dark, psychedelic jams. It's a completely unique jamming style and I dig it!
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Second set had some sick shit....tuned it at end of first.  The DWD went places for sure.  Have not listened to every second of every show but most of all of it.  Second set last night was easily highlight of the run imo.

emay

2nd set looks good.
Glad they dropped a big jam.

Can't wait to see what Summer tour looks like. I guess they are taking it easy this year.

mattstick

rowjimmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

I honestly thought the DWD was the worst crap ever.....that jam was SO bad....Trey looked and sounded like a lost cause for most of it.....but, then after that for some reason he came back and smoked the rest of the set.....

Someone give that guy some drugs already.....we need some consistency.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mehead

Quote from: Marmar on January 05, 2015, 10:14:23 AM
I honestly thought the DWD was the worst crap ever.....that jam was SO bad....Trey looked and sounded like a lost cause for most of it.....but, then after that for some reason he came back and smoked the rest of the set.....

Someone give that guy some drugs already.....we need some consistency.

I need to spin that today...people were creaming themselves over that DWD in the twitterverse

mehead

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 04, 2015, 07:19:07 PM
Am I still the only one who loves what they are doing with Melt in 3.0?

Sorry, I'm not with you on this.  I have been totally disappointed with SOAM for pretty much all of 3.0. I still don't get the fuss over the SPAC version from last year. I've only seen one SOAM out of the 3.0 shows I've hit - 6/25/10 - and that wasn't happening.  While I haven't heard this night's version or the 2 from fall tour, I doubt they will change my view on 3.0 SOAMs.

VDB

I could take or leave 3.0 Melts.
eta: I will take this one.

I'm up to DTOAD on this show so far and it's been a dang solid first set.

I had to bail on the run after 3 nights (call it a compromise with the wife) but my liver thanks me and we got to drive to the gulf coast and see some family anyway, so I shouldn't complain too much.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

halfway through this disease and there is def some substance.
I like how the jam carries some momentum but also creates its one jam beast.
Kinda like tropical slowed down reggae-ish beach jam like low-rider ish I dig it.